Always looking for friends serious about losing weight!

Options
DeeBerning
DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
Hi All!

I have been on MFP for going on 75 days now. I am 26 pounds down and want to lose about 55 more. I think the support and suggestions I've received on this site/app are what keeps me going.

Weight has always been a challenge for me, and like so many others, it's been one heck of a roller coaster ride. A few months ago and decided enough is enough. I was tired of feeling tired. I hated how my clothes fit and despised looking in the mirror. :angry:

So, I signed up on MFP, joined the gym, and started eating healthier. I feel so much better and cannot believe the changes that have already occurred. I am addicted to the gym--I am there five to six days during the week for an hour each time. I'm down two sizes in my clothes and I feel AMAZING! :glasses:

I am on here every day (unless I am traveling out of country for work). If you are serious about staying on MFP and losing weight, I'd love to add you to my MFPeeps! Just send me a request.

We can do this -- it's our lives; we've got the control! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• HealthybyFourty
    Options
    I am on here everyday too request sent
  • DeeBerning
    Options
    Yay! I look forward to getting to know you and cheering you on. :smile:
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to help....add me!
  • DeeBerning
    Options
    I sent the request.... I love your profile picture!!!!
  • all4grays
    all4grays Posts: 7
    Options
    Please add me! All of my friends stopped logging. It gets boring logging all alone : )
  • Leenda62
    Leenda62 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I would be so grateful for some MFP friends! Sending you a friend request now.
  • JennyStixx
    JennyStixx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

I'm in the same place you were. I'm can't stand looking in the mirror and hate getting dressed because of the way my clothes fit. I'm embarrassed to go to the gym, but I did buy an elliptical for my home. I would be very grateful to have some friends to help me ;)
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! I'd love to have more friends for support and encouragement.
  • DeeBerning
    Options
    Yay.... let's do this!!!!
  • tampagirl1965
    tampagirl1965 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We've already added each other!! But from what I can see we have a similar story and similar amounts of weight to lose!! We've got this!!

Yes we can!! Yes we will!!
  • pentadad
    pentadad Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would love some more friends
  • teresa_teigue
    teresa_teigue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I joined a couple months ago but just started getting serious a few days ago. I've tried many times to lose weight in the past but I always tried it alone. I don't really know what to write. I'm 44, married to a wonderful man with 2 beautiful kids. None of whom have a weight problem as of yet. My daughter is 22 and has always been small but has begun to gain weight lately and has border line high blood pressure. I DO NOT w. ant her to have the medical problems, low self esteem and shame that I have always gone through. Maybe if I show her that good old mom can do it then she can too. I would love to have some friends to go through this journey with. To talk through the hard days and the good days with.
  • lmann72
    lmann72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm serious and it sounds like we have about the same weight loss goals! i've been on for 75 days and have lost 20 pounds with at least 50 to go!
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request. Anyone else here can send me one also, if they wish. :-)
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Sending. Always want more friends! :)
  • jcribb78
    jcribb78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just starting this journey but, I myself hate looking in the mirror and NONE of my clothes fit so time to make a change!! Would be great to have support, sending request :)
  • lizarddev
    lizarddev Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If anyone would like to add me I am good. I am logging everyday with my weight and diary so everyone in my friends list sees the habits and training I do to reach my goals. I am not concerned about weight more than eating and training hard. IF the diary helps others to start a clean eating regiment then great if lifting or my workouts help then great again. Its about helping others find their way and reach their goals for their bodies.