Being more disciplined

Options
I started my weight loss journey at the end of February and have managed so far to lose 40 pounds. However, I have been struggling since the weekend before my birthday (so since May 10th). In the past 30 days I've managed to lose under 2 pounds only. I know I'm capable of more than that. I looked back at my reports (particularly calories consumed) and I was over my calorie goal, if only by a little, 82 out of the last 90 days. I didn't even realize that, but it really sends a message now looking back on it.

I started the C25K program last week and also started a rigorous exercise regimen. I knew that my weight was going to increase slightly at first because for the most part I'm a stranger to rigorous exercise. I have never been able to really run, and whenever I used to go to the gym I wouldn't exactly push myself very hard.

Also, when I started back in February I was being a lot stricter with myself. I gave up coffee and was eating mostly healthier, non-processed foods with a lot of nutritional value (which I have also stopped doing to a certain point). I decided again today to give up caffeine altogether, and I have been pretty good with my "no soda" rule since I've started, with a couple of exceptions. I've started bringing breakfast with me to work since I used to rush in the morning to make breakfast and eat it even though I was never really hungry in the morning. I've also never been a huge fan of breakfast foods in general - and it occurred to me yesterday... "Why does breakfast need to be eggs, sausage, waffles, etc.?" For today I made a sandwich with whole grain bread, home-baked turkey, avocado, and slice of cheese and ate it when I got in this morning at 8:00. I'll be interested to see if it hold me over until lunch.

So anyway, starting with today I'm going back to basics and adding in my C25K workouts every day that I can, and continue with my weight training. I need to get over this hump and start paying more attention!

Replies

• csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It's great that you were able to look back and see the differences from the beginning of your journey and now. I had to step back and look at what I was doing differently from when I first started too. Even though I had a pretty busy exercise schedule every week -- I think I lost focus with my eating. So I've gone back to the basics, as well. :smile:

Good luck!