Obese Class 1!!!

I've been on here for 40 days, religiously logging and making better food choices. I have an overall goal of 98 lbs, but I have tried to set smaller goals to keep myself motivated.

My first goal was getting out of Obese Class 2 and into Class 1 by August 1st. I did it today! I am overwhelmed by my ability to follow through this time - I usually quit before the first week is done. My next goal is to be in the 210's before my kids' back to school night, that's about 3 lbs in the next two weeks. I should just make it.

Thank you, MFP community! All of the success stories on here have been my inspiration and I can't wait to be posting my completed success story next year!

Replies

• JoanneP1369
    JoanneP1369 Posts: 132 Member
    Well done you. Smaller targets are so much more achievable, you'll have no problem reaching your next target.
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Great job! I :heart: mini goals!
  • MeRoHa
    MeRoHa Posts: 95 Member
    Congratulations! A year ago I was 280 pounds. Today I am almost at 170. I hoped that I could get out of the obese category and dream of being in the normal category. According to the bmi calculator on this site I am now in the overweight category which is a huge step. So it has been almost exactly a year since I started this journey and I am 110 pounds less. I am still hoping to get to 150 or so as I feel that is a weight that is maintainable and healthy for me personally. Once I get there I will hopefully know if that is right for me.

Unfortunately I am in a holding pattern right now as I had surgery on July 1 that has put me on restricted activities for 6 to 8 weeks. So since I am on very limited ability to exercise right now I have had to really watch and count everything I am eating to try to stay below the 1200 calories I am allowed. I am used to being able to exercise which increases my daily allowance of calories to about 1400. I really miss those extra 200 calories. But all this dedication to logging in is helping and working for me. (I unfortunately lost my perfect log in streak when I was in hospital).

Good luck to you on your weight loss journey.
  • Thanks everyone! Congratulations on your weight lost, too!

It's raining here this morning, I wasn't sure if I should take my morning walk. I did it anyway, and I was reminded of how much I used to like walking/running in the rain. So relaxing and quiet. I can't wait for snow!
  • Moses101
    Moses101 Posts: 26 Member
    Yeah! Thats great work! Small goals are a fantastic idea to keep u motivated! I love setting them and it's.such a rush when u achieve them! And good on you for.walking in the rain anyway...great idea!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!