50 pounds lighter and it feels so good

Options
Thanksgiving has caused me to reflect on how I’ve changed in the last year. I’m officially 50 pounds lighter and I’ve given away more than half my wardrobe! That is certainly something to be thankful for.

So, let's take a look at fat Nancy in May 2009 weighing in at over 220 pounds....

summerfall2010001.jpg

And here I am at Thanksgiving last year, still around the same weight

fall2009016.jpg

Now, this Thanksgiving I'm down to 172, officially no longer "obese."

summerfall2010117.jpg

And in that last one, I was not really smiling, so here's a better photo

summerfall2010038.jpg

Today I changed my ticker from “50lbs lost” to “42lbs to go.” Although I’m proud of my accomplishments, I’m looking toward my new goal. I’m shooting for 12 more pounds gone by Jan 1.

I’m looking for friends to support me along the way!

Replies

• chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I can't see your pics, but WAY TO GO!! I have lost 49 and have about 15 to go and you are absolutely right, it feels incredible! I am a 32 yr old mom of 3 and am 15 pounds away from what I weighed in high school. Such a great feeling!! Congratulations on your loss and best wishes with the rest of your journey!
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    CONGRATS TO THE BOTH OF YOU! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT! YOU BOTH INSPIRE ME. CAN'T SEE THE PICS BUT I BET YOU LOOK AMAZING!
  • Jamaica2
    Jamaica2 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration!!!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I can't see the pics either but wanted to say WAY TO GO! I hope I can make the same post next T'giving!
  • MrsRios
    Options
    Can't see the pics. saw the ones in your prfile though, You look amazing!!!congrats on your weight loss : )
  • shawnalmil
    Options
    :( darn i wish i could see the photos but CONGRATS! im currently 235.2 and i need to get down about 100lbs to be in a healthy BMI im 5 foot 1 inch. youve inspired me!
  • shawnalmil
    Options
    i just looked at your profile....... you look about 10 years younger........ in your before pic you looke about 35 in your after you look to be about 24 25
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHTLOSS. "DEDICATION IS THE KEY".. I CAN'T SEE THE PICS ON HERE.......WTG!!!!!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! I can't see your picture though!!!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful. We're all so proud of you and I'm sure your famly and friend are too. You should feel proud of yourself!*pat on the back*

Shannon
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!