Pedometers?

I'm looking for a pedometer that can sync with the app on our mobiles. I know there are pedometer apps on the mobiles, but with my wife's job where she can't have her phone on her and she walks a lot, that wouldn't help track her steps at all. Neither mine.
Google isn't showing anything promising on an outside device that myfitnesspal can sync up with.

Do you use one? What brand? How do you like it? Is there a brand we should stay away from (due to it being fragile, not tracking correctly, things like that? Wife is a CNA and needs a durable one)

Thank you!

Replies

• BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    I use Pacer on iPhone. It is free, seems to be failry accurate and links with MFP. Only catch, you need to keep your phone in your pocket.

Based on "can't carry phone" I think Fitbit or some other wearble device would be best.
  • Breena_Bean5
    Breena_Bean5 Posts: 105 Member
    FitBit
  • Yakelmeyer
    Yakelmeyer Posts: 49 Member
    My Fitbit One is my best friend. There are other Fitbits that are also awesome; check out amazon and see if there is a style that works best for her. I really like the weekly reports that are generated and it links up with MFP quite well.
  • michknd
    michknd Posts: 18 Member
    I love my Fitbit one
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    I wish I had one that looked like a bear.
  • ncternl
    ncternl Posts: 12 Member
    I have used several over the past year. Fitbit worked best out of the ones I tried. It is really accurate and ties in with myfitnesspal.
  • huntermaz
    huntermaz Posts: 37 Member
    Fitbit
  • It sounds like FitBit is the one we'll be going with. That many recommendations within such a short time of the original post tells me it's pretty popular.
  • lukewind
    lukewind Posts: 177 Member
    Fitbit all the way.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    i love my fitbit too. I said when i got it "gees its only a pedometer" but its wear ability (to the shower etc) makes a difference in tracking your movement. It was worth the $100 for me.