congratulations!! excellent :drinker:
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    WOW.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, here's my write up and story.

I would like to share my story with you guys in hope that I will maybe inspire someone to reach their own goal. My hole life I've been over weight at least 100 lbs over what I should have been at that given height/age.

My hole family is over weight/obese and I wasn't even the biggest of us sadly. I'd always eat till I couldn't shove anymore down my throat and I knew nothing about nutrition and calories.

I'd been on diets before and went to the gym and never made any progress. I'd always had a girlfriend and no one said 'Dude you're a fatass' so I never really thought about changing.

Than one day it just snapped in my head, I had been living in pain due to all this extra weight and so out of shape. Than I discovered bodybuilding and myfitnesspal websites. These 2 websites changed my life. I read and read thread after thread and absorbed as much information as I could.

I calculated how many calories I needed and started logging, weighing everything with a kitchen scale and eating much healthier.
    My calories per day at that time was a pretty aggressive cut I started at 1850 and I could barely walk 2 miles with out something hurting.

My diet I kept very simple and exactly the same for the first 9 months.

Breakfast: 3 eggs, 60g of oatmeal with a few berries mixed in and 1/2 cup of almond milk, 2 yogurts

Lunch: Almonds, cucumber, grapes, tomatos,

Dinner: 2 Baked chicken breast with only pepper, 2 tablespoons of bbq sauce, and any combination of broccoli/carrots/cabbage/asparagus

Snacks: Peanut butter on rice cakes Protein shakes to get in enough protein

After 9 months or so I switched to IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) and I eat 80% healthy food and the remaining 400ish cals I'll eat a snack like ice cream or pop tarts.

Exercise:

Exercise was the hardest thing for me, I never did it. I could barely walk 5 mins without my feet hurting but I slowly pushed through it and went on hour long walks. As I got thinner I started to jog and I got hellacious shin splints but I pushed through that and then winter hit. So what I did then was t25 and that **** kicked my *kitten* but I pushed through it every day.

At the start I couldn't do 1 chin-up and maybe 5 push ups and now I can do 20 chin-ups and 40 pushups in a row it's awesome!
    By the time the 9th month rolled by I already lost 80 or so pounds so I upped my cals to 2250 and it was spring.
    So being tired of the walking by then I fixed up my bike and went biking! Some days I'd do 10k others I've reached 40k in one ride and so far I've put on 600k since spring.

Currently I'm bulking at 2850 calories a day doing 5X5 Stronglifts.

Weight lifting:
    I lifted weights here and there but it was never my main focus which could have been a bad idea but I'm dedicating this next year to bulking and gaining muscle.

In conclusion: It was well worth it, I can run,bike, jog, play sports when before I couldn't do any of that. It takes a lot of hard work and a lot of will power. It really is about calories in vs calories out.
    There's so much I probably missed so if you have any questions ask and I'll edit my post. Thanks for viewing!
  • rum_coke
    rum_coke Posts: 11
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    wow - fantastic results!!!!!!!!
  • markstar69
    markstar69 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you are an inspiration for all of us.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    What a change! Congrats!
  • ardysedwardsmcgrath
    ardysedwardsmcgrath Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS THATS INSPIRING TO US THAT r still on our journeys&that It can happen losing the weight! seems like takes forever.. & then the joys of the ups&downs.. ugh..good job!! what all did u do to lose it?&what kept u motivated?? :)
  • PnkIron
    PnkIron Posts: 4
    Options
    Congrats, you look fantastic!
  • peacheswi
    peacheswi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Nice! Congratulations! You look great!
  • cwrig
    cwrig Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow. Very inspiring. I started at 288lbs and have lost 52 so far. You are helping to inspire me to drop another 50; perhaps just not as fast.

Congratulations!
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Kudos :drinker:
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    High five!!!!! You look great!
  • DeeWoodland
    DeeWoodland Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!