Crossfit Games

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    If that's considered a "clean" deadlift in CF games, then criteria is low level. Kinda disheartening.

EDIT: This isn't a bash against doing CF. It's an opinion on the criteria of what's considered a clean deadlift in the CF games.

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Making normal people feel accomplished on the daileee
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    wow a post made to flame bait .. and a mod gets in on the fire.. nice mfp.
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I get the biggest kicks out of those kipping pullups they do. AND how do you know if someone does CrossFit? They'll tell you.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    regardless of my thoughts on Crossfit, Elizabeth Akinwale is one of my sheroes.

I watched part of the games and I think they are fairly hilarious because they are just testing how good you are at exercising which made me wonder why there isnt something like Zumba games or Cardio kickbox games?
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options

He's not flaming CF, he's flaming that awful DL. An awful DL is an awful DL regardless of it's a PL'r, CF'r, or casual gym goer.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

He's not flaming CF, he's flaming that awful DL. An awful DL is an awful DL regardless of it's a PL'r, CF'r, or casual gym goer.

I think the point was that he is a MFP Mod, flaming a post.

Classless post is classless.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options

Not liking something is considered a flame?
  • _Resolve_
    Options

Do you understand what flame baiting is?
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options

niner isn't like that at all. Take a pill. You must be a CF'r to draw such butt-hurt from that comment. LOL
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

I do and I am not seeing it either...... Offering an opinion in regards to this individual form in doing a dead lift in this case at a Crossfit event is not flame baiting,
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I do and I am not seeing it either...... Offering an opinion in regards to this individual form in doing a dead lift in this case at a Crossfit event is not flame baiting,

I think he's saying that the OP was the one flame baiting by offering a video of a terrible DL that counted in the crossfit games. The intent of the post was to get people riled up. What other purpose could the OP have had? It's just funny because that's rather obvious to most people but not a forum mod (someone who should be able to see these things) who took the bait that the flame baiter left for us. Niner didn't flame bait; he just fell for it.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

I do and I'm not seeing it either. No flame baiting jus' pointing out a bad DL and still getting scored.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...
  • _Resolve_
    Options

I think he's saying that the OP was the one flame baiting by offering a video of a terrible DL that counted in the crossfit games. The intent of the post was to get people riled up. What other purpose could the OP have had? It's just funny because that's rather obvious to most people but not a forum mod (someone who should be able to see these things) who took the bait that the flame baiter left for us. Niner didn't flame bait; he just fell for it.

oh look... someone who gets it!
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    shutyourpieholeandsquat Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Edited to DELETE cause not worth it.
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I must have missed the part where she actually completed the lift ..
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what the actual rules are for a "good" lift at this particular event?
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what the actual rules are for a "good" lift at this particular event?

Apparently they are "get it about 90% of the way, twitch a bit, and drop it"