Need a better breakfast...Help please!

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Yeah, one of the issues I am running into is that bananas actuially have allot of sugar, berries will probably be a better choice. What kind of protein powder should I use?......I really just wanna eat a muffin lol but I am determined to loose weight, so no muffin today. :)

you can eat a muffin whenever you like. Eating a muffin will not cause you to "not lose weight", if its fits into your calorie goal.

And I eat bananas almost everyday, have NO problem losing. WHATS UP WITH ALL YOU BANANA HATERS!

Eat the muffin (and the banana)! You can also make your own protein muffins. Search the recipes on the forums. I've made these before, they're good. Not the kind of muffin you were talking about. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/scrambled-egg-muffins

ETA look up overnight oats. You can make those the night before, then you get your carbs and your protein, and they're pretty filling.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've been making them with almond milk babnanas adn 1/4 cup oatmeal..the bananas are also crazy high in sugar :p
    There is no protein or really even any fat in there. You need those things to keep satiated.

Check the label of that almond milk. It's basically flavored water with some calcium.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yeah, one of the issues I am running into is that bananas actuially have allot of sugar, berries will probably be a better choice. What kind of protein powder should I use?......I really just wanna eat a muffin lol but I am determined to loose weight, so no muffin today. :)

you can eat a muffin whenever you like. Eating a muffin will not cause you to "not lose weight", if its fits into your calorie goal.

And I eat bananas almost everyday, have NO problem losing. WHATS UP WITH ALL YOU BANANA HATERS!

Eat the muffin (and the banana)! You can also make your own protein muffins. Search the recipes on the forums. I've made these before, they're good. Not the kind of muffin you were talking about. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/scrambled-egg-muffins

ETA look up overnight oats. You can make those the night before, then you get your carbs and your protein, and they're pretty filling.

oh yes overnight oats are goooooood
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    My usual morning protein shake looks something like this:
    2 scoops whey protein powder
    1 serving fruit
    1 cup Almond milk
    1 cup spinach
    Ice

Sometimes I add peanut butter. I'm always full for at least 4-5 hours.

ETA: You're not staying full because there's nothing in your smoothie to keep you full. Add protein and fats. Or have your smoothie with eggs and bacon. Or have a muffin. Unless you have a medical condition, it doesn't really matter what you eat. As long as you're in a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I've been doing refrigerator oatmeal, which is really filling.

It's basically 1/4 cup of rolled oats, a 1/4 cup of greek yogurt, a 1/4 cup of milk and 1 1/2 tablespoons chia. Then you add fruit, sweetener and flavoring. It keeps really well in the fridge for a week and is very filling.

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

I pair it with two slices of bacon.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

It's basically 1/4 cup of rolled oats, a 1/4 cup of greek yogurt, a 1/4 cup of milk and 1 1/2 tablespoons chia. Then you add fruit, sweetener and flavoring. It keeps really well in the fridge for a week and is very filling.

i've never heard of this. Thank you.
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options

ETA look up overnight oats.

I read that as overnight goats.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options

They're awesome. I add chopped walnuts and dried cranberries to mine usually. Chia is optional tho.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

ETA look up overnight oats.

I read that as overnight goats.
    Are they related to fainting goats?
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Saute a cup of spinach in a skillet, add half cup cooked quinoa and 2 oz cooked turkey to warm, add 1 egg and half cup egg whites, scramble. Top with salsa and Whaallaa! Less than 350 calories and protein packed. So filling and keeps you satisfied for hours. And if it sounds like a lot of work, it only takes less than 10 minutes if you have precook the quinoa and turkey. Plus turkey and quinoa is great to have hanging around for easy meals anyway. :smile:

Thank you for this! I just created the recipe so I can use it regularly! I've gotten so sick of my oatmeal every morning and am excited for something savory in the morning! Yay! I plan to make individual baggies of the quinoa, turkey, and spinach and freeze them. Pull them out at night to defrost in the fridge, cook 'em up real quick, add an egg, top with salsa.... SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!
  • Jojo1470
    Jojo1470 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Saving for later - some great ideas!
  • Raaynn
    Raaynn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    EGGS< not egg whites, the whole egg with all the good vitamins from the yolk. eat them slow and they will fill you up. top with some homemade fresh salsa and a quarter of an avocado and you have a filling meal that is probably about the same calories as your shake. you need good fats so your brain gets the message that your full. you need good fats to fuel your body and mind. don't be afraid of fat. if you eat 300 calories with high fat content and then aren't hungry for a 100 calorie snack you have just saved 100 calories and not had to feel hungry.
  • likitisplit
    Options

They're awesome. I add chopped walnuts and dried cranberries to mine usually. Chia is optional tho.

And I think it's a 1/3 c. milk too, but I just smack 5 ziploc bowls on the counter, pull out my 1/4 cup measure and do them all up at the same time. I keep a coffee scoop in the Chia bag. Then I vary the toppings.

P.S. There are some dried blueberries at Costco that are great instead of fresh/frozen berries.

I also get a couple pounds of bacon at a time, bake it and then create 2-slice foil pouches before freezing it. Warm in a pan or nuke it.

ETA - heh. It's teaspoons of Chia too. Well, the TBSPs are working for me :)
  • Raaynn
    Options
    the more carbs you add the hungrier you will be. I added fat in place of about half of my carb intake and my calorie consumption dropped by 30% on its own because I wasn't hungry and didn't overeat. adding more carbs to your smoothie will solve nothing. if you really love your smoothie, try and egg and half a smoothie that should do the trick
  • Raaynn
    Options
    ooooh bacon, I forgot to add that . that's a fantastic lower cal high fat filling food, and its yummy too. a great addition to the shake if she must have the shake.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I have a Quest bar and protein smoothie before I even eat breakfast...I don't know how people eat such tiny meals in the morning (or nothing) and don't want to eat the entire fridge by lunch.

I've been having oatmeal with almond milk and PB2 with some cinnamon. That's been my go-to breakfast for months.

In an attempt to up my protein smoothie carbs (with fruit), I had to find a lower carb breakfast since the oatmeal had 55g. I'll be trying a big Granny Smith apple with peanut butter two days next week, cold cereal with almond milk for two days, and 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt with PB2 and oats one day.

Weekends are usually chocolate protein pancakes. Yum!

As for my protein shakes, I use almond milk, spinach, 1/2 frozen banana, and either fruit or PB2 and unsweetened cocoa powder. Next week I'm trying mangoes and pineapples. :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

That's what overnight oats are.

ETA minus the milk. I've never seen it made with milk before.
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a chorizo sausage and two fried eggs in a fajita-size tortilla. It's very filling. I'm often good for up to 9 hours afterward.
  • likitisplit
    Options

That's what overnight oats are.

ETA minus the milk. I've never seen it made with milk before.

It might be to moisten the chia.