Calorie counting enough?

Options
Is just counting and subtracting calories enough? Or do I need to start to pay a lot of attention to other stuff like carbs, trams, sugars etc... ?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Personally, I pay attention to protein, let full fat dairy and some meat take care of the fat, and let carbs fall where they may.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit is all you need for weight loss.

Paying attention to and eating the recommendations for micros is for optimal health.

Paying attention to macros is for different exercise needs/body composition preferences.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    For me, losing weight is very difficult if I don't monitor how much carbs I'm eating. I've also learned that just counting calories doesn't result in weight loss for me - i need to exercise as well.
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I make sure I'm getting enough protein and fat. For a while there I was seeking out low cal foods which also happen to naturally be lower in fat. As a result I wasn't getting enough fat and let me tell you, I felt awful after just 2 weeks. So yes calories are all that really matters for weight loss, but you also want to feel good while doing it so be sure to meet your macros.