Dropping a dress size?

Options
I have lost 15lbs so far and whilst my clothes are a little bit looser I am no where near dropping a dress size as yet. So I'm just looking for feedback on how long it took for ladies to drop a full dress size in terms of time & lbs?

Replies

• emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've lost 51lbs and dropped from a uk 22 / 20 to a uk 16 / 14.

That's from beginning of the year.
  • spinneyhex
    spinneyhex Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Some of your first 15lb could be water loss. Mine was 10lb lost is a dress size lost about a month, the weight loss is slowing down but the in he's are still coming off. You may find that this time next week your size will go down. :D. I've gone from a UK 20 to a UK 14 have been at it since end of March 2014.
  • TenderMoon
    TenderMoon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    For me its always been 10 lbs. a size. I've lost 11 lbs and went from a size 12 to a 10.
  • CarriesCalories
    CarriesCalories Posts: 18 Member
    Options

That is a fantastic loss!
  • emmaxbon
    Options
    Dress sizes are all over the place though. I bought karrimor running tights and la gear trackie bottoms in sports direct. Running tights were an 18, trackies were a 14.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    My problem is even before I had a weight problem I always have had big hips..just a family thing! Maybe you are a curvy build?? Makes it harder to change clothes sizes!
  • CarriesCalories
    Options
    Some of your first 15lb could be water loss. Mine was 10lb lost is a dress size lost about a month, the weight loss is slowing down but the in he's are still coming off. You may find that this time next week your size will go down. :D. I've gone from a UK 20 to a UK 14 have been at it since end of March 2014.

That is fantastic, I hope to drop 3 dress sizes but think it will take me much longer.
  • emmaxbon
    Options

That is a fantastic loss!

Ive still a good bit to go, still not even within a stone of a healthy BMI weight range. I'm eating more now than I was as I got a fitbit so it'll be slower now too.
  • emmaxbon
    Options
    For me I would say a stone to a stone and a half to drop 1 dress size.
  • CarriesCalories
    Options
    I think a lot of my problem is I store fat around the middle and I can see a slight change in my face, chest and thighs but not much in the middle. Trying 30 day shred and cardio to hopefully help tackle this problem.
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've gone down two dress sizes with my current weight loss (36 lbs). :bigsmile:
  • spinneyhex
    spinneyhex Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You will get there, I carry my fat around the miiddle as well. But it's coming off. Just keep going, I never in a million years thought I would get into a 14 (us 10) good luck x
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I am convinced I will never drop a size. Ever.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 pounds lost and haven't dropped a dress size yet. For me I think it is that for the larger plus sizes it takes a lot more to do it. Give it time!
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I think for most of us its 15-25 # depending on your build.... last year I lost just over 20# and 1 clothing size -- kept if off but quit trying:noway: so here I am :bigsmile:
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on whether or not I'm doing cardio or lifting. If I'm lifting, I don't need to drop too much weight to drop a dress size. When I first lost weight, I went from a size 10/12 to a size 4 in 20-25 lbs. Even though I've gained back about 10-15 lbs, I'm about a size 6 so I must still be carrying some muscle in there that's helping keep me slimmer.

My suggestion: lift weights, heavier weights...that's my plan to get back to a size 4. To lift more, and run less.
    Good luck to you!
  • rachelilly
    rachelilly Posts: 62
    Options
    I have a really big butt, hips, and thighs. So it takes me forever to change sizes. And it depends on the type of dress. A classic a - line I'm now an 8 when the beginning of February I was a 12 (19 lbs ago.) But in another type of dress I can be stuck in a 12 for quite awhile :/
  • futureskinnibitch
    futureskinnibitch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's usually a stone per dress size for me. So 14 pounds.
  • jal92475
    jal92475 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I lost 20lbs before I fell off the wagon last year and never changed sizes at all. Thus the falling off the wagon. :(
  • L4gym
    L4gym Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey Friend,
    I have gone down 4 dress sizes, 30 lbs and 8 inches off my waist in 7 months. However, I haven't had great results on my thighs and lower abdominal area YET. <--- I'm working on it!