Blisters from jogging. Any advise?

Options
2»

Replies

• LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have been running for quite a few years, and no matter what shoes I wore, I always got blisters in the arch of my foot... I then found special cushioned insoles, and hey presto, no more blisters...

Good luck

x
  • e5412
    e5412 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I always go to the local running shoe place and get properly fitted. The only time I run with wicking socks is when I'm trail running and I'm wearing knee high compression socks to avoid poison ivy. I think the shoes are more important than the socks.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your shoes are too big.

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I get blisters all the time on the treadmill even with the best fitting shoes, i just buy some bandages that fit over the areas really well but even with that sometimes it hurts.
  • RunnersLament
    RunnersLament Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your shoes are too big.

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

As a new runner maybe... but for an endurance runner you generally would want a size larger as your feet will swell during a longer race.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Running shoes are a big investment, so I understand not wanting to spend the money before you're sure about sticking with it. In the meantime, Band-aid brand makes a friction block stick and whenever I have new shoes, I rub that on my heels and the sides of my feet. It really helps to prevent blisters, imo.

Avon makes one too. Footworks Anti-Blister stick.
    It's a model trick as quite often we have to squeeze our feet into uncomfortable, badly fitting shoes for runway.
    Also check your sox - if there is a seam across the top of your toes, you can turn them inside out and the seam edge will not rub your toes.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Were you properly fitted for shoes at a running store?

This. The right shoes can make all the difference.