women on birth control pills

Options
2»

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Nexplanon implant since December and it has been the only thing that hasn't resulted in some awful side-effect. I also don't have to remember to take anything for three years and it has a 99.9% which is fantastic! It's a bit of a process to get it in, but it was totally worth it.

http://www.gannett.cornell.edu/cms/pdf/sexual/upload/Implanon.pdf
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    If breastfeeding, you want a progesterone only pill.

Any pill I was on turned me into crazy weepy dragon lady so I dont take them, anymore.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I took Microgestion 1/20 pills before and after pregnancy without a problem. I started taking them again 4 weeks postpartum and didn't have any negative side effects - my body didn't react any different to it even with all of the extra hormones. And I know you said you don't want any more children right now, but I found that when I wanted to get pregnant I just had to stop the pill and I was pregnant two cycles later, in case you ever changed your mind. Hasn't inhibited my weight loss either - the pregnancy weight plus another 30+ fat lbs were gone within the first year of having my daughter. :flowerforyou:

Talk to your medical provider though, since they know more about your history. They can probably recommend the best one for you!
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have a Mirena, I've had it for almost a year now. It typically (for about 80% of women) stops you from having a monthly period which means less water retention and bloating. I just recently stopped having my monthly period and have noticed I don't swell up like I use to. It's something you'll want to talk to an OBGYN or research on planned parenthood before hand to find out which IUD you might like or if you would even like one. Also, if you do decide to get one check with your local Planned Parenthood because you may be able to get it for free or at a discount depending on your income.

As a side note, not to detour you from getting an IUD, it can be somewhat uncomfortable to have it inserted, and a few hours afterwards you will probably have persistent cramps that can be a bit painful. Those should disappear within the first week, and will get less noticeable each day. It's a small price to pay for 3-5 years of worry free birth control in my opinion. Also, while it is possible for the IUD to fall out, it is not common and even less common among people who have had children.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    my ortho 777 is freeeeeeeeeee

and have not had problems been on it for years