33yo trying to make up for 5 years of office living

Options
2»

Replies

• kpbtm
    kpbtm Posts: 34
    Options
    Berating someone is not the same as motivating them. Not for me, and I'm sure not for most people who choose to use a site called myfitnessPAL.

I don't think you read my original post; at no point did I say I was looking for a trainer. I don't need someone shouting at me to get me to do exercise. So for you to say I need someone to call me on my "bull****" went down like a sack of bricks.
  • oblair
    oblair Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was just saying what works for me. If I have a trainer telling me what to do I will kill myself trying to do it cos i'm a proud person and don't want to let myself or anyone else down.
  • kpbtm
    kpbtm Posts: 34
    Options
    I appreciate your candour, thank you.
  • oblair
    Options
    Test...
    jBvyI4a.jpg

This has been me many times.
  • oblair
    Options
    jBvyI4ajBvyI4a.jpg
  • oblair
    Options
    jBvyI4a.jpg
  • oblair
    Options
    I have no idea how to post a pic...
  • schmoovey
    schmoovey Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Add another one to the list of getting on that roller coaster and can't get off!
  • 704jennifer
    Options
    You know, I have found the same to be true with my job. Basically, that is how I found myself here, needing to lose some weight and get in shape. I received a promotion about three years ago. My days consist of numerous meetings and travel. Sitting and eating are a part of the routine now. Congrats for making the decision to "make up for 5 years of office living".
  • shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem has never been that I can't shift weight, it's that I struggle to stay motivated once I start to see results - I get complacent. I don't know whether using the app or this site will help, or how, but it's worth a shot.

I have the same problem!!! Once I get to the point where I see results, I am quick to revert to my old ways, thinking that I will miraculously be able to "maintain" my weight. So far the app is working well for me, because I get to see everyone else's progress and I feel more accountable too.

Best of success to you! If you need some motivational friends, please feel free to add me!

I have same issue as solid rule in weight loss "Is in brain " I gain weight when I am not happy and somehow dont like myself .Good luck anyway
  • rosewarrior_101
    rosewarrior_101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hey all, I am a 39 year old Indian Male, presently in a sedentary desk job in India. Joined primarily to try and get some of the old shape back. I used to be a competitive rower and squash player, but work and family life has taken its toll and I have put on about 15 KGs more than what I should weigh.