Amazon Prime Pantry

Options
Capt_Inzane
Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=pntry_pdp_btn?node=7301146011

Umm, looking into it but I'm not sure the convenience would be worth the additional money. I will go out of my way and pay more to avoid Wal-Mart. I'd prefer going to Publix or Kroger as I only have to stand in line for 10 minutes or less.

I'd still have to go to the store as I can't buy my meat and perishable items via the prime pantry.

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    When the kids were little I used to get all sorts of things from Diaper.com. It was worth every red cent.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Yeah, only buying dry goods is a deal breaker for me. I'd rather just get grocery delivery through Safeway or something.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I order my oatmeal from Amazon. It ships every 3-months automatically -- just about when I run out. I utilize everything I can from that $79/year membership.
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    my husband wanted to do it, but it isn't worth it to me. If the products were less expensive and it made up the $6 shipping, them maybe, but I would still have to go to the store for perishables....and i would rather go and get the items right away and not wait 2 days for them to be shipped.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    my husband wanted to do it, but it isn't worth it to me. If the products were less expensive and it made up the $6 shipping, them maybe, but I would still have to go to the store for perishables....and i would rather go and get the items right away and not wait 2 days for them to be shipped.

Amazon Prime is free shipping on Prime eligible items.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I tried it out.... Some of the items were actually cheaper than in the stores, and having it delivered to your door was pretty nice, but a good number of items (at least for stuff I shop for) were considerably more expensive than in the stores, or they didn't carry what I was looking for.

They do have a coupon center, and those coupons basically paid for my shipping cost.

Overall, not impressed.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I haven't used prime pantry, but i use subscribe and save for some things. It makes for easier and fewer shopping trips. Its great for things like tp and diapers which are bulky, and not running out is a plus. If you get 5 things in a month, the 20% off makes a better deal than Wal-Mart even.