Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New here, and feeling defeated...

Hello, I'm new here. I decided to join because I would like to lose some weight...I'm thinking about 20 lbs. I'm 19 years old and I have a problem with binge eating. It has caused me to gain weight...I gained 13 lbs in 2 months! I would like to be back at my original weight and then lose 10 lbs, but I'm finding it so hard to stay on track and motivated. I'm not happy with how I look and I know what I do to myself isn't healthy, so here goes. Hoping I will find some motivation soon! I'm a shortie (5' 1) so 20lbs would really make a difference on my frame. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Replies

• t4temple
    t4temple Posts: 36 Member
    I understand what you're saying. Staying on track has always been difficult for me, especially when off work and i fancy a 'treat.'
    Signing up here has helped me a great amount so far as reading about other peoples success stories motivates me.
    Feel free to get in contact for motivation.
  • im very similar to you. im 5 ,2 and looking to lose 20lbs. I started about 2 weeks ago to really focus on my diet and food and exercise and I am getting results. if you want to add me feel free to do so. sadly sometimes I do like to binge eat on bad foods but im trying to avoid doing that with cheat days during the weak. feel free to add me!
  • nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    Hi,

We all have bad days and ups and downs that why its a struggle to loose weight, however, if you stay here and stick with it you will find success. There are soooooooo many great stories and blogs that you can read about changing who you thought you were and becoming who you ought to be. I am only 5'4 but I am considered short in my family. I don't really binge eat at one sitting but I over eat throughout the day which is the same damn thing. Over eating is difficult. Add me as a friend and I will motivate you. I started MFP in June and have already seen success. You can do it :happy:
  • joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Binging is my main problem! You can add me if you like..
  • Add me up for motivation! I'm 4'11" so I'm with you there ;D
  • laceyjjj
    laceyjjj Posts: 53 Member
    'Hi, I'm in the same boat as you. 5'2 with about 10-15 pounds I need to lose, all gained courtesy of the binge monster! :wink: Add me if you like!