Clean Eating

Options
Hi guys. I'm new here and just need some encouragement. I'm clean eating and I'm trying really hard. The hardest part of this is that I have no idea if I'm doing this right. This is my second week and I don't feel any different. I don't drink diet soda anymore and that was a big step by itself. I love diet soda and all of its chemically goodness. I only drink water and coffee. Can't give up my coffee. I guess I'm just wondering when I'm going to start feeling a difference.

Replies

• TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    It may take months to start seeing and feeling a difference in your health and appearance. Two weeks in no where near enough time to see improvements. You might want to open your diary and let us see what you are eating since you are just starting out. Do you have any goals?
  • dekadai
    dekadai Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Give it at least 2 months to see a difference. Your body needs time to adjust.
  • ewaters11
    ewaters11 Posts: 4
    Options
    Right now I'm 5'6 and 167lbs. To give you an idea of my body type, I'm pretty bottom heavy. Always have been. I was on weight watchers for about 6 months but then I kind of realized that it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you're eating within your given points and that doesn't seem healthy to me. I'd like to be at least 150.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i ate clean for years - still do - and i didn't feel any different at all.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Calories are calories are calories. It's all in your head.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options

this
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options

^^^This... end thread.
  • ewaters11
    Options
    What does that mean, it's all in my head?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

You've decided clean eating (or shakes, pills, etc) will make you feel better, and believing that makes it "true."
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    whats wrong with diet soda ? zero cals
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Well, this looks new and interesting. What could possibly go wrong with this thread?
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Well, this looks new and interesting. What could possibly go wrong with this thread?

Nothing. Nothing at all.

Whatcouldpossiblygowrong-6561_zps91ef39c1.gif
  • ewaters11
    Options
    I'd appreciate any advice that you guys could give me. I'm looking for encouragement. Thank you
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Since you are new here, I will give you some pointers.

1) "clean eating" is a meaningless phrase and does not describe what you are actually eating

2) MFP is just like Weight Watchers in that you eat within your calorie and macro limits (instead of points) and it doesn't matter what you eat, as long as it fits

3) Every day there is a thread about "clean eating"

4) MFP's system works as long as you weigh, measure, and log everything that you eat

5) It doesn't matter what you drink as long as you count any calories it may contain (this includes diet soda. If you want it, drink it)

6) Ultimate success is determined by learning to eat at a calorie deficit and doing it in a way that you can continue for the rest of your life.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I'd appreciate any advice that you guys could give me. I'm looking for encouragement. Thank you

What specific questions do you have?
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm new here and just need some encouragement. I'm clean eating and I'm trying really hard. The hardest part of this is that I have no idea if I'm doing this right. This is my second week and I don't feel any different. I don't drink diet soda anymore and that was a big step by itself. I love diet soda and all of its chemically goodness. I only drink water and coffee. Can't give up my coffee. I guess I'm just wondering when I'm going to start feeling a difference.
    In terms of quick results, I have a suggestion. Try some new exercise. Maybe try some interval training (like Jillian Michaels). You will likely notice new strength and endurance within a couple of weeks. Combine that with your new healthier eating habits and I bet you'd be encouraged!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

they just mean that feeling a difference in your body between eating clean and not eating clean is mostly just going to be in your head... the placebo effect, if you will.
  • Kaitou
    Kaitou Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Don't listen to them, they've drank the Kool-aid. "a calorie is a calorie is a calorie" is bull**** that's used to justify eating unhealthily, with the justification that "it's inside my calorie limit". Food is not all the same.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

Don't listen to them, they've drank the Kool-aid. "a calorie is a calorie is a calorie" is bull**** that's used to justify eating unhealthily, with the justification that "it's inside my calorie limit". Food is not all the same.

Nutrients are different, yes, but calories are the same.

And Kool-Aid is not "clean."
  • the_kat42
    the_kat42 Posts: 23
    Options
    I've always understood clean eating to mean avoiding pre-processed, packaged, additive laden foods - synonymous to the "one-ingredient" theory. It seems reasonable to me on a common-sense level that this can only be better for you. Or have I gotten something wrong here?