170 and Stuck

Options
Helpp!!! I know its been posted before but what are you're best tips for getting over a plateu schlump?

Replies

• Fashionista8818
    Options
    I have been struck at 150 for about 2 months. Last week I decided to take a week off my diet and go back to eating how I used to eat. I ate around 2000 cals a day. I was eating everything I wanted. Mostly fast foods. Yesterday was my last day of "cheat week". I weighed myself this morning. I only gained 1lb!! I was so surprised, especially since it is also that time of the month for me and I usually weigh a little more. I suggest you go off your normal diet at least a few days in orderto reset your body. You will start losing again once you go back to it
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Helpp!!! I know its been posted before but what are you're best tips for getting over a plateu schlump?
    Have you reset your goals since you lost weight? I do mine every 10lb and it adjusts down 20 to 30 calories each time. I was taking in over 1600 calories when I started and now around 1530 before a workout.
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am wondering too, been stuck at 173 for 2 and a 1/2 months...
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options

How long has it been since you last loss weight?
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options

You are no longer eating at a calorie deficiency. You are eating enough to maintain your current weight. Re-calulate your TDEE based on your current stats.

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • rachelilly
    rachelilly Posts: 62
    Options
    I was stuck at 165 for 2 months. So this past Saturday I started doing at least 2 meals a day of protein shakes. My diary is open but I haven't been the best at logging since a couple dinners are missing. I've lost close to 4 lbs since I started this. But I also have changed my workouts up in regards to time spent (not working out as long for each session.) I've tried some different types of workouts too (now doing lap swimming, HIIT, and some at-home Crossfit. Seems to be doing the trick. But I'm being really rigid regarding food. I won't be able to continue eating like I am for too long. I'm just focusing on protein and keeping myself full since I'm trying to lose as much weight as I can in a healthy way before my husband comes home from deployment.
  • fitasacello
    fitasacello Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    In the immortal words of Hans and Franz "Now is the time to go for the pump."
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Eat less. People plateau because the amount of calories that previously caused weight loss happens to be the maintenance calories for their new, current weight. Either you're measurements for food are off and you've been eating more than you are aware, or you've met the maintenance weight for what you've been eating. Reduce your calories by 50-100 a day and see what happens.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    If you're stuck, drop your calories by 100. Or exercise off 100 more calories (150 to be safe since it's easy to overestimate those) every day. So if you're currently netting 1,500 calories and not losing, drop to 1,400. You should see results if you don't change anything else.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck too, and also after about 19 pounds lost, but I know why. I get all religious about my eating and exercising for a period of time and lose weight steadily, then I go into a phase of not weighing my food, skipping workouts, drinking a little too much wine, etc.

I'm not worrying about it, though. I've been stuck for several months, but I see nothing wrong with tackling my weight loss project in phases. Anyway, I'm practicing eating at maintenance, which is not a bad thing...for a while.
  • amybaxstrom
    Options
    I'm stuck too at 178-180. It's been a good 1-2 months since I lost any weight. I also noticed that a gal a few posts up said she was at 1600 calories and it looked like her starting was 230, I'm also at 1600...is that too many?
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck too at 178-180. It's been a good 1-2 months since I lost any weight. I also noticed that a gal a few posts up said she was at 1600 calories and it looked like her starting was 230, I'm also at 1600...is that too many?

I'm almost exactly your same weight and I'm maintaining on around 1600 calories. If you're maintaining on that amount of calories too, then yes, that's too much to lose weight on.

As a previous poster said, as you lose weight you need less and less food to continue to lose. Go to your goal settings and put in your current weight and see if it gives you a lower number of calories.
  • Cati321
    Cati321 Posts: 35
    Options
    I did a carb cut for 5 days, eating less than 100g carbs a day (which really isn't that little if you eat enough fat and protein) and no sugars, and I lost a kg and it's stayed off for 6 weeks now, plus I've lost more now that I've gone back to eating 50% from carbs :)
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options

You are no longer eating at a calorie deficiency. You are eating enough to maintain your current weight. Re-calulate your TDEE based on your current stats.

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Agree with this. You're basically eating at maintenance for someone your size. If you don't want to recalculate, maybe just drop by a couple hundred calories and see if things move after a few weeks.