Shock

ImmortalWings17
ImmortalWings17 Posts: 117 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
Everyone I told my weight yesterday was absolutely shocked. I think it's bc I'm a pear, (lol) but I weigh192.8 lbs right now. I don't see myself as skinny at all. I do play sports alot, but what do yall think?

However, when people say that they don't see me as fat at all, it doesn't motivate me. I mean, if I loose the weight and feel great and (to myself) look skinny. I don't wanna look anarexic(no idea of the spelling, sorry) to everyone else. I'm going to go ahead and loose the weight because I'm an atlete and hate looking and feeling fat. I guess it's just all in opinion.

My best friend has pre diabetes and she only in 9th grade. She not fat she's just a little chubby. We were eating lunch. So this other girl who was sitting with us looks over and says how only fat people get diabetes! Of course, I took up for her bc she's like family to me. I said, "If she's fat, then I'm obese."
The girl tried to hold back her laugh unsuccessfully. I took my friend and just walk away... Can anyone relate? I didn't even eat the rest of my lunch..

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    That's not true about diabetes. Some children are born with it at a healthy weight. It's unfortunate. You sound very young, so I would encourage you to discuss any weight loss program with a doctor before pursuing a course. You may be very tall, and strong build, so the weight might be right for you. I was always short, so anything over 150 was not healthy for me.
    Anyway, discuss it with your parents and ask them to help you see a doctor so that you do it safely and healthily.
  • ImmortalWings17
    Thanx. I'm only 10 years younger than you though:) ha
  • ImmortalWings17
    Did you not look at my profile??:)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    I looked at it after I posted. I would still encourage you to work closely with a physician.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    I'm going to agree with bork, but if you want to work at attempting to lose the weight that should be fine. I'm also going to say that ten years between people in your formative years is quite a bit. Imagine an eight year old saying there's only ten years between the two of you ;)
This discussion has been closed.