Insecurity or reality..

Options
Over the last few weeks I feel like I look like I have gained weight even though my scale seems to be going down I look in the mirror and I still see fat and I turn to the side and to me I still look huge, I'm not sure If I am actually gaining weight or if It is all in my head.

Has anyone experienced this if so how did you get past it?

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Unless your scales are faulty, if the number is going down you can't be gaining weight.

Sounds like body dysmorphia and it might be worth seaking professional advice.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Unless your scales are faulty, if the number is going down you can't be gaining weight.
    +1. Simple one. :)
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Sounds like body dysmorphia and it might be worth seaking professional advice.

That's what I was scared of and had been a thought in the back of my mind.
    I'll see in a bit, if nothing changes I'll ask to get an appointment.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Try taking pictures of yourself instead of using the mirror. Cover your face to create a psychological divide between what you are looking at and realizing it is you.
    <
    I can hardly believe this is actually me, and it's because my face isn't in it. I don't think any other pic I have that shows my face looks quite as good as this. Because my brain sees it as someone else, and not me.
    It's a neat trick that I used a couple times, and it really tricks your brain into seeing what everyone else is seeing, and not letting yourself get hung up on the "you" in the picture, just the body.
  • lollyhackett
    lollyhackett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear you are feeling this way - it must be very upsetting for you to see the scale going down but what you see in the mirror doesn't reflect that. Hopefully it'll be a short lived thing that you are experiencing. Take care.
  • Maqneta
    Options
    Try taking pictures of yourself instead of using the mirror. Cover your face to create a psychological divide between what you are looking at and realizing it is you.
    <
    I can hardly believe this is actually me, and it's because my face isn't in it. I don't think any other pic I have that shows my face looks quite as good as this. Because my brain sees it as someone else, and not me.
    It's a neat trick that I used a couple times, and it really tricks your brain into seeing what everyone else is seeing, and not letting yourself get hung up on the "you" in the picture, just the body.

Thank you for the trick I'll try it out :)
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Start an exercise routine..it will improve you physically and mentally :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :grumble: :explode:
  • Maqneta
    Options
    Start an exercise routine..it will improve you physically and mentally :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :grumble: :explode:

I'll try it out thanks :)