P90x or Insanity

Options
how do we track calories burned on my fitness pal?

Replies

• ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I Think that the cals burned would vary too greatly depending on the person and how hard you "bring it". Best bet would be to use an HRM
  • Kayte625
    Options
    I've asked this question before and it seems like the best way is to get a Heart Rate Monitor and just manually enter your calories burned. I don't have a HRM yet, though, so I just try to pick an exercise that seems to be similar (calisthenics, circuit training, high impact aerobics) and use that. If you look in the Nutrition Plan booklet, it looks like they estimate that you'll burn about 600 calories with every work out (i'm guessing with the exception of X Stretch for P90X) but that's the best I've been able to do until I get a HRM Good luck!
  • Kayte625
    Options
    I Think that the cals burned would vary too greatly depending on the person and how hard you "bring it". Best bet would be to use an HRM

I definitely agree with this! I "bring it" hard for every workout though. So it's highly likely that I burn at least 600 calories. I can't wait to get a HRM to find out for sure though.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM. I burn way more doing Insanity, but the strength training from P90X makes your metabolism faster in the long run. If you invest in an HRM you will not regret it.