PS3 vs. Wii & XBox 360

LexiB001
LexiB001 Posts: 18 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
now that prices are lower and all those motion games are coming out for the other systems, i was wondering whats the best?
the dance game on 360 looks like so much fun, i just want to dance seeing the commercial on tv :laugh:
my husband and i have the ps3, but im not really impressed with the games for "move" from what ive seen online.

any suggestions on what to do or experience with the systems?

Replies

• LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,445 Member
    I have them all. The xbox360 w/ kinect is awesome though. No controllers and alot of fun. I loved the wii for awhile but jumping and running without being connected sold me. The body scan is very very impressive.
  • StrengthInPain
    StrengthInPain Posts: 155 Member
    i'm wondering the same... ive held out for a while on these and i think it migght be time to give in.
  • Hello, I have an Xbox 360 & a PS3, personally I love the PS3 WAY better, I don't really like Xbox anymore :/
    Lol, I have the move, and it's really fun, there's not many games out yet for it, but their coming out with killzone 3, little big planet 2, etc, all that have the move compatibility, so I think the MOVE is definitely worth it in the long run, I find it more accurate then the Wii too :) But that's just my opinion, don't shoot me :tongue:

EDIT:
    They have some sports games, (bowling, golf, etc) that are MOVE compatible, I have the High Velocity Bowling and I'm getting Brunswick Pro Bowling soon too :) I know they have the EA Active 2 also out, and the Sports Championships, that come with the MOVE if you purchase the pack (it comes with the game, the playstation eye, and the Move controller) pretty good! :D
    I haven't had a chance for Kinect, as it's $150, that's ridiculous price, for me anyways, I don't work so buying the Move was expensive enough :P Don't get me wrong, the Kinect looks amazing, but it's more party and kid games it seems :/ I'm more into shooters and sports, (Like Killzone 2, etc)
  • FitnessTim
    FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
    I have all 3 and both the Wii and the PS3 are just collecting dust. The Xbox 360 with Kinect is unbeatable with Dance Central. Dance Central is as much fun as advertised. There is a workout mode where you can track calories burned while dancing.
  • I agree, Kinect looks awesome, but the price is insane, I'm not paying $200 for something that goes along with the system (I already bought 2 xbox's as mine has had the ring of death) Hence why I like PS3 better, again just my opinion :)
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    i have the ps3 with the move and the wii.
    i love them both. my boyfriend and i play a lot of video games on the ps3 and my mom and i use the wii to work out. i have EA Sports Active 2 and Wii Fit Plus.

i REALLY REALLY REALLY want the xbox360 Kinect.... i had a xbox, then got rid of it.... i feel silly if i go out and buy one...again. ha ha.
  • MarieS1967
    MarieS1967 Posts: 37 Member
    Hi,
    Had a Wii and just bought the PS3. Find the PS3 easier to use - bought the Zumba workout and it is a lot of fun. Exercise on a regular basis 3 x per week and take one Zumba class at the YWCA. This workout made me SWEAT!!

I felt the Wii was very entry level, maybe for someone who has never worked out or who is just starting out again after awhile. It will help with building confidence and some endurance.

It is probably a matter of preference....PS3 is mine!
This discussion has been closed.