walk slim with Leslie Sansone

Options
Hey guys,

Does anyone else do these dvds? I love Walk Away The Pounds. It is getting harder for me to get to the gym with my 2 year old (she screams for me at the child care so I don't get to work out). Has anyone on here lost weight with these workouts? How many calories do you think you burn? I usually log them under low intensity aerobics or high intensity aerobics depending on how fast the miles are and if there are walk boosters of jogging or weights.

Replies

• AlishaLeandra
    Options
    I use her DVDs! I love them. I log them under low-impact aerobics or 4 mph walking, so I average about 200-250 calories per workout, but I've started doing them for longer periods of time to burn more. It's pretty much the same thing. Her workouts are easy to do. My tummy is slimming down the fastest, and I've noticed my clothes are fitting loosely.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I do them from time to time, I like them, because they are easy and dont take alot of time. In my opinion any form of exercise is better then nothing. But yes I think you can diffinately lose weight doing this. I think I burn about 240 cal during the 2 miles........
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    If you have Comcast On Demand she has a bunch of free routines there.
  • gchanelw
    gchanelw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do the Walk Away the Pounds 2 mile DVD. I love it!!!
  • michele0101
    Options
    I have several of her DVDs and I use them regularly. They are the only exercise videos I like. I can't wait to pop in one of her vireos tonight!! I have lost 33 pounds since the end of Aug.
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I use them. I log the 1 mile as walking 3.0 and the 2 mile as walking 4.0 very brisk pace.
  • brandnewgirl
    Options
    Before i had my daughter i did 4 miles six days a week and lost 70lbs in less then a year. I have just started doing them again.I started off at 2 or 3 miles a day.
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    There is a group of us called the Swat Team (Group). We been doing monthly challenges for about 3-4 months now. Anyone can join any time. I just bought 2 more DVDs on Amazon the other day. I am down 30lbs doing mostly her workouts. Others in our group have lost even more. Check it out.

See my special ticker for my walking goal. Also my profile picture is my dog on the treadmill. He walks while I do my workout.
  • kbaily
    Options
    I do the 2 mile super walk with the bands and log it as 35 minutes of a 4 mph brisk walk. I have lost 20 lbs in 12 weeks. Love!
  • SGomez27
    SGomez27 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear people have lost with her dvds. I love them because they are so easy but I sweat a lot. It's a good workout. I have been doing 3-4 miles a day now for a week with the walk band. I lost 60 lbs then gained back 15, so I am trying to start losing again. I hurt my back so I didn't work out for a month. I hope I can lose more weight by spring.
  • skylersnanna
    Options
    If you can exercise infront of your computer here are her workout videos full length for free

http://www.exercisetv.tv/StartWalking/

and click on the american heart association
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    Oh yea, I forgot if you go to Leslie Sansones website. I said you burn approx. 100-125 cal. per mile without any boosters. With boosters up to 150 cal. per mile. We have been figuring about 4 mph. Kind of feels like more on some of those DVDS.
  • awr1i6
    awr1i6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone I'm new to this My fitness pal, the Leslie Sansone and even weight loss I'm so glad that there is a forum on here where we can all chat together and be a motivation for one another. I just began the Walk Slim Walk at home program and I do the two miles/35 min work out. Today I started doing the jogging part of the boost walking as well. I only really started working out and focusing on my weight loss less than 20 days ago but so far I have dropped from 278.8 to 262.6. Happy exercising everyone! I look forward to reading more of your weight loss stories soon.:happy:
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone I'm new to this My fitness pal, the Leslie Sansone and even weight loss I'm so glad that there is a forum on here where we can all chat together and be a motivation for one another. I just began the Walk Slim Walk at home program and I do the two miles/35 min work out. Today I started doing the jogging part of the boost walking as well. I only really started working out and focusing on my weight loss less than 20 days ago but so far I have dropped from 278.8 to 262.6. Happy exercising everyone! I look forward to reading more of your weight loss stories soon.:happy:

Welcome to MFP! I have a fitbit pedometer and have been using the Leslie Sansone workouts from you tube to get my walk done if I am stuck in the house with my kids. Feel free to add me as a friend so we can encourage each other to walk and get fit and healthy.