What happens on that day?

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Maybe I don't obsess on the weight so much ?

I know some people who have hit their goal. They still obsess...about every single thing they eat. But it's different for everyone.

I still obsessed when I hit goal too. I didn't want to gain it back.

I didn't. I'm able to use natural hunger cues, so I'm just doing that and focus on a consistent and sustainable fitness routine. 30-40 minutes a day, for the WIN!
  • likitisplit
    I can't really go celebrate with sushi.

You can't have sushi one freakin' day? Seriously? What is the point of working out and watching what you eat if occasionally you can't have foods that aren't "good for you." (Yes I know, there are no bad foods. You know what I mean.)

I know. I work a chirashi bowl into my macros about every two months or so.
  • When I get down to (my ceiling) target I plan on reverse dieting, adding 100 cal to my daily intake each month until I stop losing weight. This will give me a buffer zone that I can comfortably fluctuate within without worrying. I will still eat by MFP rules (eating back exercise) rather than TDEE because then there's less pressure to exercise. I worry by going down the TDEE route I'll be putting too much pressure on myself to keep up the exercise, give up, and then not know my calorie allowance and start putting weight back on. Having a plan when I get to that day is empowering. Last time I lost the weight I didn't have a maintenance strategy, and I think that was part of the reason I put it back on.
  • kenc1971
    kenc1971 Posts: 107 Member
    I'll go apologize to the washer and dryer for accusing them of shrinking my clothing.
  • Jodsmission
    Jodsmission Posts: 130 Member
    Thank you to everyone . It has been very interesting to see the replies and I appreciate everyone's perspective.
    I really never would have thought that cake and sushi would get such a reaction!
    As I start the decent into the next phase I will read and reread your comments.
    Thanks again!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Maybe I don't obsess on the weight so much ?

I know some people who have hit their goal. They still obsess...about every single thing they eat. But it's different for everyone.

I still obsessed when I hit goal too. I didn't want to gain it back.

I didn't. I'm able to use natural hunger cues, so I'm just doing that and focus on a consistent and sustainable fitness routine. 30-40 minutes a day, for the WIN!

Yeah I use natural hunger cues too.. to a point. ..
    I know when I'm hungry, but I can't always tell when I'm not hungry anymore, or I know I'm no longer hungry and my brain wants to keep eating anyway.

so.. obsessing.. yeah. lol
  • smantha32
    When I get down to (my ceiling) target I plan on reverse dieting, adding 100 cal to my daily intake each month until I stop losing weight. This will give me a buffer zone that I can comfortably fluctuate within without worrying. I will still eat by MFP rules (eating back exercise) rather than TDEE because then there's less pressure to exercise. I worry by going down the TDEE route I'll be putting too much pressure on myself to keep up the exercise, give up, and then not know my calorie allowance and start putting weight back on. Having a plan when I get to that day is empowering. Last time I lost the weight I didn't have a maintenance strategy, and I think that was part of the reason I put it back on.

ok.. topic hijack... what kind of animal is this?? lol I've been sitting here trying to figure it out. Bunny?

af94319ea622d39531750acd0d031e3aa85c.jpg
  • likitisplit
    When I get down to (my ceiling) target I plan on reverse dieting, adding 100 cal to my daily intake each month until I stop losing weight. This will give me a buffer zone that I can comfortably fluctuate within without worrying. I will still eat by MFP rules (eating back exercise) rather than TDEE because then there's less pressure to exercise. I worry by going down the TDEE route I'll be putting too much pressure on myself to keep up the exercise, give up, and then not know my calorie allowance and start putting weight back on. Having a plan when I get to that day is empowering. Last time I lost the weight I didn't have a maintenance strategy, and I think that was part of the reason I put it back on.

ok.. topic hijack... what kind of animal is this?? lol I've been sitting here trying to figure it out. Bunny?

af94319ea622d39531750acd0d031e3aa85c.jpg

Bunny. Chinchilla. Chamois
  • Jodsmission
    Jodsmission Posts: 130 Member
    oppossum- - - possum
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    What changes on that magic day when the scale finally says what you wanted it to say? I can't see that I stop working out or go back to eating poorly. I can't really go celebrate with sushi. I would be horrified if someone made me a cake to celebrate. How do you recognize that moment? When you got there or when you get there what will be the change that will happen after that day ?

why cant you eat sushi or cake?

I had a piece of cake :) I made sure that it fit in my day
    and what's wrong with sushi?
  • likitisplit
    oppossum- - - possum

Totally possum.
  • likitisplit
    Thank you to everyone . It has been very interesting to see the replies and I appreciate everyone's perspective.
    I really never would have thought that cake and sushi would get such a reaction!
    As I start the decent into the next phase I will read and reread your comments.
    Thanks again!

It's an ASCENT. It's when you start really kicking butt and seeing body recomp over time.
  • Awww she's my beautiful Mini Lop bunny :)
  • bradp1979
    bradp1979 Posts: 154 Member
    Unfortunately, when I reached my goal 2 years ago, I did go right back to the wrong way of doing things and gained back all 40 of the pounds I had lost. Now I'm back in the saddle, doing it all over again. I hope I learned my lesson last time. I've got about 3 more months until I'm at my goal again this time.

25519766.png
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    I should be slowly transitioning to maintenance and adding in more structured weight training as I approach my goal. On that day (or week- since weight fluctuates a lot), I will take my After pictures. I will brag to everyone on MFP. I will probably go out to dinner to celebrate (and log it). I will start shopping for new clothing, including 1 legit gown. All new bras, some matching lingerie, the works.
  • smantha32
    Awww she's my beautiful Mini Lop bunny :)

Yes! Bunny. :happy:
  • It won't be any different than any other day, why should it?

I disagree. Working hard, and being dedicated and motivated daily to reach a goal, and finally reaching that goal, should be recognized and celebrated. But then again I love to celebrate life in general, so I guess we just have very different mentalities. But I would guess that my life is a lot more fun than yours. :smile:

ETA: I agree with all of the other posters who say celebrate, then write down new goals! We're never done; instead always striving to keep improving!
  • Amerielle
    Amerielle Posts: 153 Member
    The day I hit my goal weight I am going to do a little happy dance and then promise myself that I will keep logging my food and weighing in every morning. My history shows that I gain when I stop doing those two things and this time is going to be different! :smile:

After that I will set a new goal for myself...it will involve more weight training than I am currently doing.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    The people who say "Nothing, it's just another day" make me sad. I am busting my butt to reach a goal. So when i do reach it, I will be quite pleased with myself and plan on going to Victoria's Secret for new underwear and bras. :laugh: I don't think losing weight is going to be magic. To be honest, my life is pretty darn good right now. I'd just like to be smaller and healthier and hitting my goal will mean I have accomplished that. And I am fully aware that I am creating habits that I will need to continue in maintenance.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    I have halfed joked when I hit my goal I want a pizza and cake party!!