Raw fruits, veg and nuts only

Options
2»

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    im not doing it for kilos lost.

I wanted for 3 days not drinking coffee- which i drink 3-4 a day. I wanted for 3 days get vitamins from my veg and fruits as I barely eat them in past.

So you're going to get some extra vitamins for three days... then what? You do realize you require the proper proportions of fats to be able to digest and absorb the vitamins and minerals correctly, right? You need to eat over 1200 calories for that.

Also, Vitamins are not a permanent fixture. once you eat them, your body will use them, then poop them out. There's a reason why nutritionists tell you to eat X amount of Y every day, not once in your life.

Also, just because your friend is a vegetarian doesn't mean she knows anything about health and nutrition. Your friend may appear to be the healthiest person on the planet, but she could be far from.

What you're doing is stupid and will not recieve any support on any reputable fitness or nutrition community. You want to detox? That's what your liver, kidneys and colon are for. If they're working properly, you're constantly detoxing. Just eat good food and enjoy your life. If you died tomorrow, hungry, would you be happy with what you're doing today?
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your friend recommended this because she's a veggie and wanted to convert you. Just sayin.
    Just because she's a vegetarian and may be slim doesn't mean she knows anything about health, fitness or proper nutrition.

What you're doing is not teaching you lasting habits that will benefit you in the long run, all you're doing is losing water weight and making yourself tired and miserable, sorry.
  • maiko_91
    maiko_91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    To be honest you CAN find the energy your body needs from raw fruit/veg and nuts. You just need to make sure that you're getting everything in the right quantites for your body weight. Nuts and seeds are high in good fats, protein and obvious benefits come with eating your "5 a day". See how your body feels. You mentioned feeling tired...that's your body not having the calories it used from your former diet..just up your nut intake to get the same amount of calories. Because really the calories you're get from this are much better than refined sugars, breads and the like.

Anyway good luck!!
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    what happened to the diet plan you were given? why arent you following that?

Yep, as I said.. I am doing it for 3 days then go back for 1200..

Seriously is that going to kill me if I do it for 3 days??;)
    I was hungry anyway eating bloody 3000 calories a day! Its because my stomach was Huge! I could eat, eat and eat !

I am now making it smaller. Showing y stomach I can live on fruits only :) Come on guys its only 3 days :)

Stomach size has nothing to do with it. Appetite is controlled by two hormones called ghrelin (tells you when to eat) and leptin (tells you when to stop). If you're hungry no matter how much you eat, you could have lepton resistance. And only eating raw fruits, vegetables and nuts likely won't fix that.
  • Aniqana
    Aniqana Posts: 95
    Options
    To be honest you CAN find the energy your body needs from raw fruit/veg and nuts. You just need to make sure that you're getting everything in the right quantites for your body weight. Nuts and seeds are high in good fats, protein and obvious benefits come with eating your "5 a day". See how your body feels. You mentioned feeling tired...that's your body not having the calories it used from your former diet..just up your nut intake to get the same amount of calories. Because really the calories you're get from this are much better than refined sugars, breads and the like.

Anyway good luck!!

Thank you! At least one positive person Yay!! :))

I actually had a good snacking at nuts (no pinenuts) and i feel way better. I am trying to balance them well so I good good veg mix for lunch and dinner. snacking at fruits and nuts and adding nuts to my salads etc. breakfast its mix of bananas strawberries and blueberries- good size of portion! I drink loads of mint tea with strawberries, raspberries cucumber etc. and green tea.
    I am tired because i dont get caffeine I normally get. I can eat normal if I don't get coffee I'll be tired.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Meh. There's lots of people who are "raw" foodies. I was 90% raw (10% cooked) vegan for a couple months. I didn't die. Though at the end I got some bloodwork and my doctor basically shoved a chicken breast in my face, and said "EAT THIS."

If you're doing this as a personal journey, religious fast, etc., then sure, go for it. If you're doing it because you think it's somehow healthier... then, I don't know if you're going to achieve what you think you will.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I fail to see how a steamed carrot is dangerous toxic land while a raw carrot is heavenly bliss.

But I suppose at least you aren't asking to eat nothing but bon bons all day.

Anyway, sounds like you are attempting a form of "cleanse" which is pointless because you have internal organs. If they are failing, you will be dead very shortly. You might want to see a doctor. If your internal organs are not failing, then they are cleaning your body for you.

The "shrinking stomach" argument is valid. I accept it. Greatly reducing what we eat for a period of time makes us feel fuller faster when we return to a more normal intake.

Three days will not kill or harm you in any way. But, it will also not cause any significant changes to your diet plan and weight loss goals. If it motivates you, then it may well be worth it simply for that.

But do not expect to make Carmen Electra look like Shrek because you at fruits for three days.