How do you log calories burned using a HRM?

tessjordan88
tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I was just wondering, can you quick-add calories burned using data from your heart rate monitor? Like if the HRM says you burned 250 calories, where would you put that? I can't seem to find a place to do it... and if not, how do you track your "allowed" calories each day (the "goal" calories plus what you've burned), so the site doesn't say you went over? Do you just estimate until the total calories burned is correct on the site?

Replies

• I log my calories from HRM under cardio.
  • log calories under cardio, say you did 60 minutes cardio, the site will suggest the calories you burned, if you have a heart rate monitor just adjust the number in the box then click save/submit.

Once excercise is logged the calories are automatically added to your daily allotment. You will see this reflected on your home screen once you are done adding your exercise.

:)
  • tessjordan88
    So you just log the excercise as normal, but just adjust the minutes until it matches the HRM? Still confused. If the HRM says 250 calories burned, and the cardio database says 215, do you adjust the time until it's closer to the HRM?
  • you can search for an exercise and if you don't see what you like, you can add a description. I took my kids for a walk in a huge wagon. I searched walk - saw nothing about hauling weight, so I added an exercise under my cardio that said "walk haulin' kids in biga$$ wagon" then i just manual entered the minutes and what my HRM said.

HTH :)
  • tessjordan88
    log calories under cardio, say you did 60 minutes cardio, the site will suggest the calories you burned, if you have a heart rate monitor just adjust the number in the box then click save/submit.

Once excercise is logged the calories are automatically added to your daily allotment. You will see this reflected on your home screen once you are done adding your exercise.

Oh!!! I see! I didn't realize you could edit the calories! Thanks a BUNCH!!
  • log calories under cardio, say you did 60 minutes cardio, the site will suggest the calories you burned, if you have a heart rate monitor just adjust the number in the box then click save/submit.

Oh!!! I see! I didn't realize you could edit the calories! Thanks a BUNCH!!

No problem!
This discussion has been closed.