I can't believe I'm finally doing it!!

Options
I have successfully been able to run a mile for 2 weeks now! And I dropped my time by 2 minutes this morning! Now I just need to work on running longer!! I never thought I would be able to do this! Running is finally starting to become addicting :)

Replies

• Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Yay! I remember when I finally hit that one mile mark. It was a joyous moment. lol Keep it up, and you'll be able to up that mileage quickly! I went from 1.5 miles to 3 miles in one week. It was so hard at first, but it's getting easier and I am trimming my time down. Great job!
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Running can become very addictive, it's a great opportunity to clear your head or just take in the sights. The running community is very supportive and everyone's is willing to help and to be a cheerleader.
  • sassygirl49b
    Options
    great job, i run now and i felt the same way once i hit the trail, i start to run i am up too 3miles. once i got my breathing down it was no problem.
  • dollfaced
    Options
    That is wonderful! I love that we can reclaim our lives and do things again that once seemed out of reach and ... no more...
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I tried C25K several times and I failed miserably!! But now that I am doing it on my own and have the willpower to keep going I feel amazing! The scale is still not moving, but I am hoping as I start to change my diet little by little that will move as well!! Running has become my stress relief from work and nursing school! I even study as I am running which makes me not look at the clock. I love everything about it! Now if I just didn't live in Iowa where its too dang cold to run outside most days!!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    wow! congratulations!!!! i sure can't do that :) you go girl :D
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    What an awesome milestone. Congratulations!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I tried C25K several times and I failed miserably!! But now that I am doing it on my own and have the willpower to keep going I feel amazing! The scale is still not moving, but I am hoping as I start to change my diet little by little that will move as well!! Running has become my stress relief from work and nursing school! I even study as I am running which makes me not look at the clock. I love everything about it! Now if I just didn't live in Iowa where its too dang cold to run outside most days!!

I HATED the C2-5K program. I upped my mileage and once I got to 3 miles, I just trimmed my time down. Now that I'm training for a half marathon, I'm gonna have to learn to get past my precious 3 miles. Time to move on to bigger and better things. :bigsmile:
    I'm also looking into nursing, as you can see by my screen name. lol It sucks to run inside all the time, but there are things you can do with your run wear to make it seem warmer. Go to Walmart for running leggings and an underarmour shirt, put on a beanie and gloves and you'll be good to go! Running is pretty addictive to me too. I was addicted to it before I got pregnant with my first. Then, I was too lazy to start again until 5 years later. Good luck!
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    That is great.. It give you the sense of accomplishment....WTG!!!!
  • jconner491
    Options
    Good for you!! I took up running in April, and I ran my first half marathon in October. Best day of my life, hands down!! I remember my first mile so well...I never thought that I would be able to run a mile in my entire life, and when I did it was just a major breakthrough for me. Good luck with your running! I hope that you stick with it...it really is addictive. I have a blog that I started when I decided to become a runner, if you want to check it out. Its www.iamabeginnerrunner.blogspot.com
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    You are only at the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. In Summer of 2009, i ran my first mile without stopping in 25 years. Fast forward to next Sunday, and i will be running my first Half Marathon. If you would have told me that in 2009, i would have laughed in your face. Who knows what running challenges lay in my future, or yours!
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I did the C25K and now I'm trying to do a 1/2 marathon. Haven't been consistent with my runs though, so I'm hoping to turn it around this week. I agree, it's addicting!

L.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!