Any runners wear Snuggbuds? or skullcandy?

Options
I cannot wear those ear bugs that come with Ipods. but some people have recommended either skullcandy or snuggbuds. Any info? Will they stay put for alot of miles?

Replies

• TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Never heard of either but would love to know to since those earbud things dont fit in my ears!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I wear skullcandy they might be dangerous to wear running out on the street as they block out all sounds but if you are on a trail or at the gym they are great. They have different sizes for the bud that goes in the ear since I have really small ears they stay in well using the smallest size and don't hurt.
  • farmgirlh
    Options
    I have skull candy. They work great and my ears are reallly small. Good luck!
  • Kayte625
    Options
    skull candy are the only ear buds i can wear comfortably. i have never had a problem with them falling out while running.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I wear Skullcandy because we have a ton of both the ear bud kind and the headphone kind. My son used to date the daughter of the guy who is the distributor for Skullcandy to Amazon, so she would give them to us for free. The ear bud kind really seem to block out ALL outside noise, which is kind of scary when I am near traffic.
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Skullcandy are the ones i wear! They fit great, sound great, and aren't too expensive.. Don't get the really cheap pair though.. Also if you wear them inside your shirt they don't get in your arms' way =)
  • ldafoe
    ldafoe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had no luck with either, they both kept falling out as I ran... up to 1.34 miles daily :-) My husband finally bought me some Sony MDR AS20J - headphones - Over-the-ear, Binaural. Not very cute, but very effective! Good luck!!
  • MandyGirly
    Options
    I use Skullcandy, too. But I usually run with only one in my ear because they DO block all sounds and I run in the country where there are no sidewalks and plenty of crazy drivers. :)
  • guardup
    guardup Posts: 230
    Options
    I second the vote on Skull Candy but STAY AWAY from the cheap ones... the insulation on the chord is way too thin and you end up hearing the sound of the chord bumping against your body when you run or move. But the fit of the earbuds are awesome for me.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    BTW skullcandies are on sale on Ruelala.com right now for 2 more days.
  • Giddeaon
    Options
    If you're worried about them falling out, look for earbuds that come with multiple sizes of the "buds" so that you can choose the ones that best fit you. Also, what are you looking for in your headphones? Rugged? Sound? Bass? What kind of music will you be listening to? I ask because there is a wide range of products out there, and the choice on fit is the least of your concerns as long as you get earbuds with different buds to try out. Additionally, if your MP3 collection is comprised of primarily low bit-rate rips (128kb or less), then you can choose the cheapest earbuds you can find as even the $$$$ earbuds won't make your compressed MP3s sound better.

I can't recommend the Skullcandy earbuds though they are very popular. In my opinion, they have horrible sound reproduction and are far too bass heavy. If all you listen to is hip-hop, or if you like muddy bass in your rock, go for Skullcandy.I tried the Ink'd and the Titans and disliked both of them intensely. If you prefer a clearer sound and a more natural soundstage, I'd recommend Sennheiser or Klipsch. Sony also has a wide array of very solid earbuds at low prices that will give you good sound and durability. The Sennheiser CX300's have won a ton of audiophile awards, and the Sony MDR-EX71SLs are extremely well reviewed.

I'm a bit of a headphone nut-job. Sorry if I created more questions for you than answers. I'm an audiophile who loves vinyl and/or lossless audio, and I'm always searching for a better set of headphones for my collection without breaking the bank. When on-the-go, I swear by Sennheiser. In the end, it comes to personal preference. My biggest suggestion is to pick earbuds with at least 3 different size "buds" to try out. Hope that helps.
  • triscuitsmom08
    triscuitsmom08 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I LOVE skullcandy BUT like a pp said its dangerous to wear them on runs as they do block out everything! I found that jellies work good too! They look like the ones that come with your iPod but they have gelly stuff that make them a little squishy and they dont block out all sound :D
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I second the vote on Skull Candy but STAY AWAY from the cheap ones... the insulation on the chord is way too thin and you end up hearing the sound of the chord bumping against your body when you run or move. But the fit of the earbuds are awesome for me.

This is what happened with me. How expensive do you have to go to eliminate that problem? I love the fit and the sound when I'm not moving.
  • phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    I haven't used either of the brands you mentioned but since another poster mentioned my favorites (Sennheiser), I thought I'd toss those in. I love, love them. I have two pairs, one for general wear and one for exercise. I've been wearing them for a couple years and love them.

If you're running outside, they are good because they don't cancel all noise, I can keep them at a comfortable volume & still hear what is going on a round me just fine. Here is a link to the pair I love, in case they'd be of interest.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-MX85-Sport-Twist-Earbuds/dp/B001GSZAF0/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1290993045&sr=1-5
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
  • shannonichole
    Options
    I was just wondering the same question that you posted last night as I was jogging! :tongue: Thanks for posting this question!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    My current earbuds are JVC HA-FX34's. They came with 3 sizes of flexable inserts that fit in the ear canal. I was initially concerned that they would block too much outside noise and be un-safe to run in, put that hasn't been the case. Sound quality is excellant, fit is comfortable, and they stay put when i run, except when i snag them with my arm. I think they cost me around $40.00.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    bump