Need recipes for dinner on the go

Options
eacatterton
eacatterton Posts: 145 Member
I just bought a house, and I am spending every waking moment not at my full time job or sleeping working on getting it ready so I can move in. We are doing a complete remodel on it, and I am super super busy. This last week we have eaten out almost every day. I cannot keep doing that. So...I need some help. I need some meal ideas that will be super super easy and quick, little to no prep time, and preferably no cook time. Right this moment all I have in the kitchen is a small microwave and a fridge. (countertops are also full of tools, bits and pieces, and probably some sawdust). Here is my biggest problem: HE does not like salad. Anything with the word salad in it. Pasta salad, potato salad, fruit salad, vege salad. So that just makes it even harder. And cold sandwiches gets old. Quick. I really don't have time right now to do much make ahead anything either. Any ideas?

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches, frozen meals, or Chef Boyardee.
  • ve132
    ve132 Posts: 2
    Options
    Rotisserie chicken can be your friend. A cold piece of chicken is low in fat and high in protein, plus it’s delicious. Add an apple or other fruit for you (and some crusty bread for your hubby) and you have a winner. I know you said he doesn’t like salad but how does he feel about slaw? You could easily mix a bag of broccoli slaw with a can of mandarin oranges, some green onions, slivered almonds and some yummy dressing like Newman’s Own low fat sesame ginger.
    I hope this will help you!