Can your SO access your MFP account?

Options

Replies

• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Doesn't have my password, but we're friends on here so he can copy the recipes I input and such. So there's that.

Wait! You can do that? That would make it SOOOOO much easier when we have the same recipe for dinner. Now I just have to figure out how, LOL...

But to answer the original question, I guess he could, because I never log out on my computer at the house. Nothing to see here, tho...I am relatively well-behaved here.
  • runnergirl0721
    runnergirl0721 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    What's a significant other? :laugh:
  • squishycatmew
    squishycatmew Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't log out and he knows my computer password, so yes, he can, but why would he bother? He uses MFP, too, so often one of us will log a shared meal and the other will just copy it to their own diary, which makes cooking for both of us much easier. He never reads the forums, though, but I talk about him in my profile (he made a face when he read it but it's not like I name him, and he didn't ask me to change it).
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    She could if she wanted to but she never would unless I asked her to check something for me.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I never log out so yes he can but I don't know why he would want to.
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    He's not a fan of social media. I've tried. He does call all mfp's my boyfriends and girlfriends. Then laughs and moves on
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    if he asked I would give him access, but I cant imagine he cares how many grams of protein I ate yesterday

If someone needs access to your personal accounts it is usually for two reasons, you have done something to make them think they need it, or they have struggled with honesty in the past probably from another SO and are extra precautious.

Either way, if they ask you should acquiesce.

People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options

Apparently, it's a person who, by default, doesn't trust you and feels compelled to snoop electronic devices for incriminating evidence or, at least, reserves the right to do so.
  • runnergirl0721
    runnergirl0721 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options

Apparently, it's a person who, by default, doesn't trust you and feels compelled to snoop electronic devices for incriminating evidence or, at least, reserves the right to do so.

Dang! I'm glad I don't have anyone like that! I prefer someone who trusts me over someone who doesn't....Just sayin :drinker:
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I would actually encourage access to my MFP account because 90% of the creeper messages I get are hilarious
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Probably. I leave it logged in.
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If he wanted to... I don't exactly log out on my personal devices... but seeing as he doesn't even log into his own account, I'm not all that worried...
    exactly this

Same here. I have nothing to hide from him, so he could have access to whatever he chooses.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Sure. He knows where to find all my passwords.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    im too single for this thread
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options

Dang! I'm glad I don't have anyone like that! I prefer someone who trusts me over someone who doesn't....Just sayin :drinker:

It's not a popular sentiment but I agree. I hope my SO doesn't see this.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

It's not a popular sentiment but I agree. I hope my SO doesn't see this.

Care to share what you two are hiding?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    He got on to my FB account a couple of times and left comments on my wall there about the prudence of logging off your accounts when using you husband's computer. :laugh: I then logged on to his FB account on his computer while he was at work and left comments on his wall about it being imprudent to antagonize the wife who is better at memorizing passwords and account numbers than you are. :tongue:

He has very strict instructions not to mess with my MFP account though, because I actually like the people here. Seriously though, if he wanted to look he could, but half the time I'm reading the conversation to him if it's especially amusing anyways.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I would actually encourage access to my MFP account because 90% of the creeper messages I get are hilarious

Yeah, I tried to show mine one ("The how much do you deadlift" guy) but he wasn't interested. Bah.