Help with dining out at this restaurant?

Options
2»

Replies

• Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Not eating before you go is a bad idea - it's only going to make you want to eat more. At least have an apple before you go out so you're less tempted.
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Oy. After all of that, we're going somewhere else. With a less accommodating menu. :( It's all crap. Ugh.

http://www.seadogbrewing.com/pdf/SeaDogMenufullweb.pdf

You could do the NY sirloin.. the average calories for that seems to be about 500-515 with a good amount of protein. Then just do a double side of the market vegetables.. total should be around 600 -625 depending on the veggies.

Now I want a steak
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Oy. After all of that, we're going somewhere else. With a less accommodating menu. :( It's all crap. Ugh.

Hmmm. Lots of non-crap on that menu. If you don't do seafood (and I assume that means no salmon, either), how about the NY Sirloin? Even if you eat the entire 12 oz, that's maybe 500 calories. Market Salad (dressing on the side) and Market Veggies for the sides, If your calorie budget is 1000, that should even leave room for a beer.

<chuckle> Looks like mrsmarit and I think alike, but she beat me to it :-D
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I would probably do the lobster dinner and add mussels. Either that or the Ale Steamers or possibly the Baked Haddock...but the whole Ritz cracker thing is kind of a turn off for me...not a big fan...I would think Panko would be so much better.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Oh that baked fisherman's pie sounds delicious :heart: well if you like seafood and don't count calories :laugh:

Lots of options there - probably the chicken sandwich or the fish tacos or the turkey BLT with mayo on the side. Or a 8oz pub steak with veggies and no gravy.
  • thedarkwombat
    thedarkwombat Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    When I know I am going to dine out I save my calories. I actually skip breakfast anyway but on a dining out day I skip breakfast, have a 300 calories soup for lunch, then I have 1500 calories left over and pretty much eat whatever I want at the restaurant and count it as 1500 even though it is less.
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Since I know everyone is just on the edge of their seat waiting to hear...

I went with the 8oz. pub steak, dry, and a side garden salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Cut up the steak and put it on the salad and it was SO good. Of course, now I still have like 500 calories to eat and I haven't exercised yet. LOL
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Hmmm. Lots of non-crap on that menu. If you don't do seafood (and I assume that means no salmon, either), how about the NY Sirloin? Even if you eat the entire 12 oz, that's maybe 500 calories. Market Salad (dressing on the side) and Market Veggies for the sides, If your calorie budget is 1000, that should even leave room for a beer.

<chuckle> Looks like mrsmarit and I think alike, but she beat me to it :-D

Steak loving minds think alike.. I still want a steak too