To be healthy again by my 40th in February!

Options
trhops
trhops Posts: 295 Member
As I approach 1,000 days of logging on MFP, I only wish I would have been true each day! After my young Fathers death last October, stress of 3 jobs I put 30+ pounds back on. I am a stress eater and wow did it come back on!

Went to Punta Cana a couple weeks ago and was embarrassed I was at my heaviest beach weight. I came back with motivation that I would be healthy again by my 40th bday in February when we return to Jamaica. It took me seeing myself in a 1 piece and not my normal 2 piece to get me back on track. So far I am down 4.7 lbs since Monday. I have 28.5 more lbs to get out of the overweight category, and 39.5 to get back to my thinner healthier self I was.

Would appreciate any motivating friends!

Replies

• captaindle
    captaindle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My birthday is also in February and sadly for me at 40 I was on the way back up with my weight. Five days before my bday in 1993 my mother who was my best friend died suddenly in an accident. The stress of that apparently caused me to develop hypothyroidism. I chalked the weight gain up to grief and it took months before I went to a doctor because I'd been fainting. By that time I was 50 pounds over weight which was unacceptable to both the Army as I was in the service and apparently to my then husband. I've battled with my weight from that day to this. But I'm finding the support and accountability of this site incredibly helpful. I'd be happy to be friends and encourage each other through this. Best of luck to you!!
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I would also like to be healthy by my 40th birthday. I'm 25, so that gives me time.
  • jmy1975
    jmy1975 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. My 40th is in April and I have about the same to loose. Feel free to add me, since none of the people I have as friends are even logging in anymore. I can help motivate you and I am sure you can help me.
  • chiacee82
    chiacee82 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 32 at the end of October, I would like to get a good chunk of these last 25 lbs off by then, would love to be friends and help to keep each other motivated. Feel free to add me :)

SW: 240
    CW: 182
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Congradulations on the loss thus far and being motivated to want to get fit and healthy. I just went to Florida and wore 2 pieces the whole time, something I def couldn't do years ago.

I'm 39 yrs old and lost my mom 2 months ago, stress sucks. I hopped right back into exercise - which I missed so much and my eating habits are slowly getting back in order.

You've done it before, you can do it. If we fall, we must pick ourselves up and keep on trying!
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    TR - I know what you're going through. Been there with the passing of my own father 3 years ago. And the last 6+ months of my own health issues have resulted in me packing on the weight again. I don't know where I am on the scale officially, but I know I'm close to where I was when I set out on my original journey here on MFP. I would love to try and keep each other motivated. Unfortunately it's going to be a slower road for me, as I can't do any strenuous exercise or any aerobic activity for quite some time, but I can start walking again, and I obviously need to focus more now on my dietary requirements than ever. Let's do this thing together!!!
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support. I am having a good week of losses so that is keeping me motivated! Made a batch of red velvet cookies and didn't touch them! I WILL be in a 2 piece again this February!