My food diary.

Options
Please take a look at my food and exercise diary, I feel like I should be losing more weight, especially with the amount of exercise I do. I log my food and exercise in advance then go back and make changes so I would say it's about 99% accurate.

I have lost 90lbs over 3 years, but have been stuck around 163-167 for the past 3 or 4 months.

What should I change? I am really desperate to lose the last 20ish lbs.

Replies

• aditya2491
    aditya2491 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Please take a look at my food and exercise diary, I feel like I should be losing more weight, especially with the amount of exercise I do. I log my food and exercise in advance then go back and make changes so I would say it's about 99% accurate.

I have lost 90lbs over 3 years, but have been stuck around 163-167 for the past 3 or 4 months.

What should I change? I am really desperate to lose the last 20ish lbs.

Just my 2 bits. I think you eat way too less. 1200 cal is not the correct measure to calculate how much one should eat. You should calculate you BMR, TDEE and eat somewhere between the two numbers.

Here is a post that I wrote yesterday. It explains my above point.
    BMR - Basic Metabolism Rate: The calories you burn even if you are in a coma. Its the bare minimum your body needs to live.
    TDEE - Total Daily Energy Expenditure: The calories you burn daily. It cannot be calculated accurately. You can estimate it on the basis of your generic lifestyle (e.g. sedentary, lightly active...)

Now, consider the cases:
    1) Eating less than BMR - Body doesnt get enough calories to function. Its harmful in the long run.
    2) Eating greater than BMR and lesser than TDEE - PERFECT!
    3) Eating greater than TDEE - Intake is greater than what you spend. You will gain weight.

Steps:
    1) Go to: http://www.fat2fittools.com/tools/mbf/
    2) calculate your Military Body Fat percent
    3) Use that to calculate your BMR and TDEE

Now how to estimate the amount of calorie to eat between the BMR and TDEE. People follow different methods. The best I found to estimate was to subtract 10% - 20% from your TDEE value, keeping in mind it doesnt fall below BMR. Generally 10% cut gives 1 pound per week loss and 20% cut gives 2 pounds per week loss.

Well thats it from my side. Hope it helps! I have opened up my profile. You can check out the calculations that I did to find out my daily optimum intake.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    you don't weigh your food...that is the number one issue.

sometimes it looks like you do but 1/2cup of rice, 2.25cups of stir fry, 3tbsp of peanut butter...etc

You don't log everyday, looks like you don't log on the weekends..., you are over on other days and since you are not weighing that means you think you are over by 500 and it could be 1k

If you are not losing weight there is not a calorie deficit...which means you are either not logging accurately (weighing solids and measuring liquids) choosing correct entries and/or you are over estimating your exercise calories.