2 c powdered sugar
2 eggs
5 bananas
1 15 1/2 oz can crushed pineapple drained
18 oz whipped topping
Semi sweet chocolate shredded
1/3 c nuts chopped
maraschino cherries

In mixing bowl toss together the graham crackers and melted 1/2 c butter press crumbs mixture into bottom of 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan in small mixing bowl beat remaining 1/2 c butter about 30 seconds until softened add powdered sugar beat until fluffy
beat in eggs spread egg mixture over crumb mixture slice bananas lengthwise into halves and arrange over egg mixture spoon pineapple over bananas spread with dessert topping sprinkle with chocolate and nuts cover refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving top each with a cherry cover and chill to store Serves 10 175 cals per serving

Replies

• LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Ummm... you're missing a very important ingredient in a banana split... the ice cream

BXP28849_0.jpg
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Ummm... you're missing a very important ingredient in a banana split... the ice cream

BXP28849_0.jpg

THIS!!!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You use the word 'Banana Split' I do not think you know what it means
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    banana-splits.jpg

lalala....la la-la laaaaa....lalala...la la-la laaaahh.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    This looks yummy, but if you're doing raw eggs, make sure they're pasteurized. Salmonella will make you lose weight, but you'll be miserable the whole time :sick:
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    arb9j.jpg
  • dvdlover
    dvdlover Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    you can't refrigerate ice cream so yes its a banana split n less cals
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    If I want a banana split, I'll walk down the road to my local ice cream shoppe, pay $7 and get one. Or if I'm at an amusement park or walmart, I'll get the dippin dots version.
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    sounds like alot of calories
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I rather have the real stuff!!

g9qJ2ZE.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

BXP28849_0.jpg

THIS!!!

Double this, with a double scoop of ice cream. :tongue:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the message OP but I still see no ice cream in this recipe and my reading skills are pretty good.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Raw eggs and no ice cream? And the bananas aren't split, but cut into slices? Maybe you should call this "Banana Pie" or "Banana Bars" or something. I clicked on this hoping for a banana split. :cry:
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

BXP28849_0.jpg

I think this would have less calories than the OP's version!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful dessert. If you really read the directions it will explain how this is made. No, there is no ice cream but it is layered with the other ingredients. The egg mixture makes like a thick yummy pudding consistency to it..Have had this at a fancy brunch, and if you try it , you won't be disappointed. This guy knows what he's talking about.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    OP. Can you use pineapple tidbits in this??? All I have and want to make this tomorrow.
  • dvdlover
    dvdlover Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    yes u can
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound bad but I'm leery of the raw eggs!

I get that no ice cream in a banana split is blasphemy here. But sometimes my husband and I do a dessert that we really like and it is sort of banana split like...slice a banana and a few strawberries, top with a tbsp. of Nutkao or Nutella and some Redi-Whip or whipped topping. Very tasty.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting. I love bananas in dessert, especially banana cream pie.

However, I do not like real banana splits. Fruit with a hot fudge sundae? No thank you! My husband would beg to differ.

I may have to try this recipe.