Looking for a good pork tenderloin recipe

Options
kiffypooh
kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
Hello everyone,

I have a raw pork tenderloin in my fridge and I don't know what to do with it. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Replies

• velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    i usually mix honey, soya sauce, rosemary and some ginger, brown the meat (a few minutes each side) then spread it on the loin, and bake at 350 till cooked.

that or honey and old fashioned mustard works well too =)
  • ElenaRenee
    Options
    i love the idea of Asian flavors like Velix suggested for pork tenderloin! Try a mixture of soy sauce, sugar or honey, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, and chili sauce ( i like sambal oleek brand if you like it spicy) Then Grill it or sear it and finish in the oven. Here is a good recipe . good luck!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-burrell/asian-marinated-grilled-pork-tenderloin-recipe/index.html
  • kuntrygurl
    Options
    i usually mix honey, soya sauce, rosemary and some ginger, brown the meat (a few minutes each side) then spread it on the loin, and bake at 350 till cooked.

that or honey and old fashioned mustard works well too =)

This sounds YUM!!!!!:love:
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    Both sound good and I happen to have some rice vinegar which I wouldn't mind using. I wonder why so many recipes for pork tenderloin have asia flair to them :huh:

Thank you! Please keep them comin' though :wink:
  • purplepanda
    purplepanda Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like to cut the tenderloin into 2-bite size pieces, marinate for about 15 min in a mixture of balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, chopped fresh rosemary, salt, pepper, and brown mustard. I then place the pieces on skewers and grill on my George Foreman grill for about 2-3 minutes
  • janet6567
    janet6567 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    A really easy way to fix port tenderloin is to marinade the tenderloin in apricot or mango juice overnight. Then roast in the oven at 350 for 25-30 minutes per pound. I've made this many times and even my "picky-eater "son loves it.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I was trying to find the one I use, (festive pork tenderloin) but I am not at home and it isn't online. This one sounds really good though!

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/grilled-peach--and-mustard-glazed-pork-tenderloin/30581893-5cc6-43e6-901c-71d803e561ae
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I would slice it into mini-steaks and put them into a skillet with some EVOO and Lawry's season salt. Make a homemade gravy from the EVOO & drippings. YUM!!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    ME TOO! ><<<BUMP>>><
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    I like to cut the tenderloin into 2-bite size pieces, marinate for about 15 min in a mixture of balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, chopped fresh rosemary, salt, pepper, and brown mustard. I then place the pieces on skewers and grill on my George Foreman grill for about 2-3 minutes

I was going to cook it tonight but it looks like this is what we are having tomorrow night. My hubby said it sounds great too! Can't wait. Thank you all!!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    slice it up into steaks and grill with bbq sauce mmmmmmmmmmmm
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Simple, but yum...

Garlic, salt, pepper & basil
    Rub with a little EVOO so that the spices stick and cook as roast

or season with Garlic, salt, pepper & basil, then slice and pan fry as steaks with EVOO
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I have a raw pork tenderloin in my fridge and I don't know what to do with it. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Just get a zip lock bag and toss the pork in it then a couple tbsp (to taste really but you wont know till you experiment >_<) of Lemon Joice and Lime Juice, some garlic powder, some cumin, and white onion. You could sear each side then put it in the oven or just cook it stove top or the best on the grill. Let that site for a couple hours before you cook tho.
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    More great ideas, thank you!
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I put mine in the crock pot with a can of coke and some brown sugar. Cook on low all day and have dinner when I get home!
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    I do a pickapepper pork tenderloin.

1 Bottle of Pickapeppa Sauce
    1 12oz jar of appricot Preserves
    1 pork tenderloin

Sprinkle pork with salt pepper and garlic powder
    Mix pickapeppa and apricot perserves in crock pot
    Add tenderloin
    Cook on low for 8 hours or 4 hours on high!
  • jtwest
    Options
    I made this one from the Publix Apron's site and it is delicious. Nutrition info is on the site, too so makes it easy to track:smile:
    http://www.publix.com/aprons/meals/AllRecipes/SimpleMeal.do?mealId=679&mealGroupId=1000
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I put it in my crock pot and cover with water and drop in one bullion cube. Let it cook all day. Drain and then pull apart with two forks. Dump in some BBQ sauce and have pulled pork sandwiches! Yummy and easy!
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    More great ideas, thank you!!!
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Not sure of the calories on this one, but I've also got a pork tenderloin in my freezer and think I'm going to try this recipe: http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2010/02/cranberry-walnut-stuffed-pork-loin-756.html