Pedal exerciser for under my desk

Options
I sit at a desk all day. I was talking to my roommate about those workstations they put on treadmills. She mentioned they have a facility closing and she could bring home a pedal exerciser for free. Kind of like this

7Vqu.jpg

My question is how in the heck do I put this...anywhere? I don't want to pedal like I am racing Lance Armstrong, just hard enough to keep my legs moving. Dayum if I am wearing my HRM. LMAO.gif

My lifestyle is set sedentary, should I change that to light?

Replies

• ginnyroxx
    Options
    is your desk tall enough to pedal under w/o hitting your knees?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    this one sits really low...but I have no idea. I am bringing it in tomorrow.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    i'm curious to hear how you like it.
    i wouldn't change your activity level though.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Keep the activity level the same and just add in your workouts. Count that as a light workout.
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Better question, are your legs going to reach the petals. You did say that you were not very tall? :laugh:
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Better question, are your legs going to reach the petals. You did say that you were not very tall? :laugh:
    My chair lowers thank you very much. sad2.gif
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    You should TOTALLY wear ankle weights to add resistance to it. You could use while watching TV, then it wouldn't be sedentary. If everyone could watch TV while they exercised, wouldn't we have a skinnier America?
  • binary_jester
    Options
    You should TOTALLY wear ankle weights to add resistance to it. You could use while watching TV, then it wouldn't be sedentary. If everyone could watch TV while they exercised, wouldn't we have a skinnier America?
    Whoa! This is just something to keep my legs moving while I sit (if I can reach the pedals apparently stickpoke.gif). Honestly I would be creeped out if i walked up to a coworker and they were all sweaty and out of breath.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Whoa! This is just something to keep my legs moving while I sit (if I can reach the pedals apparently stickpoke.gif). Honestly I would be creeped out if i walked up to a coworker and they were all sweaty and out of breath.

BAHAHA I think I'd be creeped out too. Do ya got a hooker down there? Now, what's REALLY goin on? :huh: :noway:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    7Vqu.jpg

Ok this little bike-guy is neat, if anyone sees them in stores, let me know! I thought about sitting on a ball at work to engage my core but I know I can be clumsy especially if I’m excited (which I would be sit-bouncing on a giant pink ball all day, ha!) and as part of our office’s health and safety team I’m sure the falling factor will make it a non-no with management.

I've seen those little steppers that come without handles, I'll have to check around for this but I suspect it will be harder without having an actual name for the equipment.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Ha ha, aparently its not very hard to locate online, thank you google! Its about $30-45 BUT I haven't found a Canadian store yet.

http://under-desk.exercise-bike-sales.us/
  • binary_jester
    Options
    7Vqu.jpg

Ok this little bike-guy is neat, if anyone sees them in stores, let me know! I thought about sitting on a ball at work to engage my core but I know I can be clumsy especially if I’m excited (which I would be sit-bouncing on a giant pink ball all day, ha!) and as part of our office’s health and safety team I’m sure the falling factor will make it a non-no with management.
    Thank you for my spit.gif of the day
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    My chair lowers thank you very much. sad2.gif

:laugh: :laugh:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    You could mount a bicycle bell to your desk, to alert inattentive coworkers who get in the way.

ring, ring.......RING, RING.......Hey.....look..out....(sorry, I'll stop now) :laugh:
  • binary_jester
    Options
    You could mount a bicycle bell to your desk, to alert inattentive coworkers who get in the way.

ring, ring.......RING, RING.......Hey.....look..out....(sorry, I'll stop now) :laugh:
    Brilliant. And out one of these

http://www.sz-wholesale.com/uploadFiles/upimg5\Flag-for-bike-with-pole-_181435.jpg

On the back of my seat.
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options

Brilliant. And out one of these

http://www.sz-wholesale.com/uploadFiles/upimg5\Flag-for-bike-with-pole-_181435.jpg

On the back of my seat.

Awesome! And a bicycle basket for incoming mail. Everyone WILL be sooo jealous, you might want to think about a bike lock.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Ohhh found one with free toilet seat! Haha!!!

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-health-special-needs-Mini-Protable-Exercise-bike-2-white-toilet-seat-lot-W0QQAdIdZ235739455

Seriously, they want $40 for this one? Put it by the curb people, I'll help you out ;)
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Ohhh found one with free toilet seat! Haha!!!

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-health-special-needs-Mini-Protable-Exercise-bike-2-white-toilet-seat-lot-W0QQAdIdZ235739455

Seriously, they want $40 for this one? Put it by the curb people, I'll help you out ;)
    Mine is not that technical. I just wanted one that didn't make me sound like a hamster on a wheel.
  • vanzeem
    vanzeem Posts: 107
    Options
    I've thought about getting one for when i'm at work. They sell them at walmart.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    OMG! Between you and Fesse I'm so crackin up here Binary!
    Hope everything works out for you:wink::smokin:

OMG...just caught up with the rest of you clowns:tongue: ...you're all a riot, boy did I ever need this thread!:wink: