Any bodybuilders wanna be, I can help you!

Options
riadhdeb
riadhdeb Posts: 211 Member
Add me for a good solid bodybuilding advice

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Pics 4 proof.
  • Gnarles2
    Gnarles2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I would not say that I am a bodybuilder wanna be just yet but I think I am leaning more that way as time goes on. I think I have a lot more weight to lose before I can even go that route anyway.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    But but but what if I don't need advice and we're already friends? lol
  • riadhdeb
    Options
    I would not say that I am a bodybuilder wanna be just yet but I think I am leaning more that way as time goes on. I think I have a lot more weight to lose before I can even go that route anyway.

Lifting weight with intensity is far better than just Cardio alone for losing weight
  • riadhdeb
    Options
    But but but what if I don't need advice and we're already friends? lol

then you are already a bodybuilder lol
  • Gnarles2
    Gnarles2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well I go to the gym at 5am for about 90 minutes. I usually do an hour of cardio and 30 minutes of weights. Should I reverse it?
  • riadhdeb
    Options
    Well I go to the gym at 5am for about 90 minutes. I usually do an hour of cardio and 30 minutes of weights. Should I reverse it?

You got it, weights first then Cardio
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Already a bodybuilder. Do you compete?
  • riadhdeb
    Options
    Already a bodybuilder. Do you compete?

No I don't actually, maybe one day I might
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of interested (have been thinking about it for months, but am waiting for some health benefits to kick in)... I'm thinking I'll join a gym in September if I can get my speeding ticket reduced (ugh since that would be enough money to pay for the membership for more than a year). I want to start either going in the morning or right after work. I need a weight loss booster.

Is there anyway to start the process with body weight exercises? I bought the "You are your own gym" book and it's being delivered tonight!

So I'ma add you! Thank you from future me!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I'm a wanna be powerlifter.. except the major problem is I'm not even strong.

huehuehuehuehue.
  • riadhdeb
    Options
    I started training with home made cement dumbbells, we weren't even allowed to go the gym!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    ooohhh and I should clarify that I wanna be a bodybuilder wanna be. I want muscles. But a bit more on the subtle side. If that's what you are willing to advise on lol
  • Salford_IT_Help
    Salford_IT_Help Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am on a long journey. I expect it may take 18 months or more to get to a BMI that just puts me in the 'Over Weight' Category. I've made a fair start over the last month and am ~ 11 kg down. I have just ordered some dumbbells. I went with synthetic weights to save money as I know nothing about the exercises I need to do to build up my arms, shoulders and upper body in general. When I have lost my weight I want to be strong, look good and expect having muscle mass may help me get through any weight loss plateau I may face in the future. I do ~ 10km cycling each week day. MFP indicates I should balance this with strength training.

I have this idea that I'll lift the same weight I've lost (I'll start slow to avoid injury), but like the idea of feeling the weight I've lost as a motivational tool. I bought a 40kg set of weights and this will see me good for say 6 - 12 months as I expect my weight loss to slow down.

I'd appreciate any info, URL's for info of exercises (Reps, frequency, technique) that will help me use the weights safely and effectively.

68817929.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tiddles_yeah
    tiddles_yeah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    May i ask what exactly makes you qualified to give advice or information on body building?
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Because he's watched like 3 Layne Norton Youtube videos.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    May i ask what exactly makes you qualified to give advice or information on body building?

Curious as well.
  • oksanatkachuk
    oksanatkachuk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I started training with home made cement dumbbells, we weren't even allowed to go the gym!

Jail rules ?????
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Because he's watched like 3 Layne Norton Youtube videos.

Okay, made me lol