Off to a Good Start

Options
I go by the name Nobiku because it is a short name that was available. Nobiku has no special meaning and has nothing to do with my ethnicity. I am a white male, now 57 years old. Nobiku is simply a convenient on-line name.

In August of 2008, I was 51 years old, 5' 7" and weighed 297 pounds. On my own, I managed to lose 133 pounds by January of 2011. I was at 17% body fat as measured hydrostatically at the local university. I wanted to take my BF down to 10%, but 17% was good for a 53 year old male. Then I got the shingles and it all fell apart. I also started to attend class in the evenings and by July 26, 2014 (5 days ago). I weighed 240.8 pounds. Not the 297 I was in 2008, but an alarming weight gain in 2.5 years nonetheless.

I started again, last Sunday, July 27th. This time using Medifast because I like the counselor a friend recommended. You think I could do it on my own again, but I needed a little guidance this time. I am down 6.2 pounds in 4 days. I intend to blog about my challenges and successes daily.

I keep score daily. There are 10 possible points for a day. Each of my 6 meals is worth 1 point. The meals must be on program and on time to receive credit for 1 point. I award 1 point for training. As of right now, I am doing a moderate 2 mile walk. There is 1 point for visualization, 1 point for planning, and 1 point for keeping a journal (blogging). I have learned that if I consistently score 90%, the weight will burn easily at 2 pounds per week. That is my goal - 2 pounds per week.

No sliding backwards this time. I am taking it down to 10% body fat - even at age 57.