Exercise Alternatives (too fat/anxious for public exercise)

Options
13»

Replies

• marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    +1 for fitnessblender. Their videos remind me how much I need to improve my flexibility, and then they have the flexibility videos right there for me.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I workout at home as well. I tend to use iPhone apps and online videos for my workouts. YouTube has a ton of stuff. You can find pretty much anything that interests you: zumba or other dance fitness, kickboxing, strength training, yoga, pilates, etc. And you can always get things like a resistance band or a pair of adjustable dumbbells. They don't cost too much or take up much space!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Over last winter I dropped 20 pounds by exercising on my bike. I bought a trainer for the bike that allows it to become "stationary" by switching out the rear skewer on the bike (a 2 minute process by watching a youtube video). I would just ride on my bike while watching Netflix and dropped the weight like it was nothing! I even hooked a resistance band to my bike and would do bicep curls and tricep curls while riding. I did a quick change out of the skewer and took it off the trainer to ride outside this summer. I love riding my bike as it doesn't aggravate my knees and I can still use it year round no matter the weather!