Hardest month ever! Need encouragement

Options
Hello everyone. I had posted a week ago that o once list 80 pounds and have kept it off for about 3 years now. So weight has crept back on, about 10 pounds. I am about 125 and useto be 115. While that does not sound like much I did useto he about 200 pounds so the fact that I worked so hard to take it off and put some back on with out really trying shows me that if I do not put a vault to this overtime more weight can creep back on. I believe as of a couple of days ago I am now 123 and have 8 pounds to reach 115. I have been trying to use this calorie counting thing like I did in the past to lose the weight. All I need is a about a month and every time I get going I start negotiating with myself I don't need to owe weight I should just get comfortable with what I am at... But that is not true! I do want to lose those 8 to 10 pounds. I have been trying for monhs now and Everytime I start I stop. I guess I though I was done with all that and hate the fact that I need to back to it. Anyways sorry for the wordiness but if I stick to it this time (started yesterday) I could reach my goal if not very close to it by Xmas eve. I need basically some support in not deviating and negotiating with myself to male excuses and just get it done. Everyone orders lunch together at work and if I don't order with them I kinda feel left out eating my lean cuisine. Lol I know silly but I feel isolated.

I guess I need to remind myself it's only a month.

I'll take any feedback. Thx

Replies

• SlipperySlope
    Options
    Hey there...these holiday months can be hard in anyone trying to eat well and live healthfully. I definately understand the isolation at work (and home!), too!

I'd encourage you not to think of it as a get-through-this-diet-month and instead try to make small, maintainable changes that you can keep up permanently. If it helps, eat a smaller version of whatever your coworkers are eating and work it into your calories?

Good luck--no one says it's easy, but you'll be glad for your good decisions when you've gotten to your goal weight!!
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    SOunds like you just need a bit of encouragement. The thing is you've been here before and you did it! You lost all that weight you just need to find that zone again. It's okay to feel a little like you're feeling right now. But you need to believe you can do this. It wont be easy but you CAN do this. You will do this. Count the calories and excerise I know its hard but enjoy it and you'll get there. You CAN do this and you will I believe you can
    Friend me if you want too and then at least you wont feel alone while your doing it sometimes we all just need a little encouragement
    Good luck and welcome back to the madness! x
  • Hebaasmar
    Options
    Thank you for your encouraging words : ) I am just going to focus how great I will feel on Christmas eve when I have reached my goal.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I guess I need to remind myself it's only a month.

I'll take any feedback. Thx

The thing is, maintenance is forever, not just a month. To stay on point you would need to weigh yourself at least once a week even after you have reached your goal. That is what they do at weight watchers for life time clients. So when you reach your goal this time, just check your weight and if you start creeping upward over 2 pounds, start back tracking your calories and exercise again. Some people continue counting their calories for a life time.

Not sure what your needs are, but you are doing great to have kept of 70 pounds! :flowerforyou: