You don't lose 100 pounds overnight, but you can do it. PIX

Options
Hanfordrose
Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
When you are 100 to 200 pounds overweight, it seems like an impossible task to lose anything like that amount. You know that any attempt will take MONTHS...maybe even YEARS. That thought alone can be so discouraging. It is even more difficult to imagine, when you are an old lady, like me. Yes, I am pushing 70; but I decided that I had to try.

This photo (taken of me on October 31, 2012) shows me at a weight of 271 pounds. In the past, I would have been horrified to discover that someone had taken a photo of 'Fat Sue' and even posted it on the church website. It was too honest a representation of who I had become. I was a 'beach ball' shaped woman who couldn't walk without help, and even my wheelchair was too wide to get through the church fellowship hall doorway.

2092fcef-055c-4e1f-8bf3-cb49fd1752a4_zpsdf2c6a7d.jpg

Amazingly...only a few days earlier, I found the photo (on the left) of me at my highest weight...at least 280 pounds. I could well have been 290+, because I had not been on a scale, since the day that I stepped on one at the VA hospital; and it kept going past 280. I jumped off that scale, before it stopped moving even higher. I didn't want to know HOW BAD things had gotten with my weight. I was borderline diabetic, had an infection in my left leg that threatened to cost me a foot and little hope of ever losing weight on another 'diet' in my life. I just didn't think that I had another brutal diet in me. I was prepared to be an old, fat, crippled lady for the rest of my life.

858e2495-208c-45e1-a653-3ba42bd63be0_zps6a914215.jpg

If you told me that I would lose 120+ pounds and go from size 4X to 12/14 within the next 3 years, I would have said that you were "dreaming". Thank God that DREAMS DO COME TRUE. Even my doctors consider the changes in me to be almost miraculous, especially since I did it without any gastric surgery...just plain old calorie counting and a little bit of exercise. I actually lost most of that weight in less than 2 years, but it took a while for me to make a serious commitment to eating less calories.

Believe me, if I could do it...SO CAN YOU.

Replies

• crysy1
    crysy1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, and your smile shows you feel that way to! Great work!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • melly0907
    melly0907 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    TY !! i came here to this forum in a moment of weakness, and you are such an inspiration ! I can do this too !! You look fantastic, but most of all you have gained back your health, thats what i want for me too !
  • Lnature71
    Lnature71 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Your awesome! Thanks for sharing your story and pictures!
  • BelindaComedy
    BelindaComedy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is just awesome! Great job!
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Good Job! :)
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic and so happy!
  • MarieMoore87
    MarieMoore87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Sue! What an inspiration!
  • lillypad13
    lillypad13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    What a champ you are! I absolutely love it, you did not give up. I am so glad that person took that photo of you at church! It was all in God's plan for you, just wonderful!
  • Lori_15
    Lori_15 Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!! You look great!
  • MaryHuckleberry
    MaryHuckleberry Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring! I am just starting my 100 lb journey--Mary
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • TheRoboCop
    Options
    When you are 100 to 200 pounds overweight, it seems like an impossible task to lose anything like that amount. You know that any attempt will take MONTHS...maybe even YEARS. That thought alone can be so discouraging. It is even more difficult to imagine, when you are an old lady, like me. Yes, I am pushing 70; but I decided that I had to try.

This photo (taken of me on October 31, 2012) shows me at a weight of 271 pounds. In the past, I would have been horrified to discover that someone had taken a photo of 'Fat Sue' and even posted it on the church website. It was too honest a representation of who I had become. I was a 'beach ball' shaped woman who couldn't walk without help, and even my wheelchair was too wide to get through the church fellowship hall doorway.

2092fcef-055c-4e1f-8bf3-cb49fd1752a4_zpsdf2c6a7d.jpg

Amazingly...only a few days earlier, I found the photo (on the left) of me at my highest weight...at least 280 pounds. I could well have been 290+, because I had not been on a scale, since the day that I stepped on one at the VA hospital; and it kept going past 280. I jumped off that scale, before it stopped moving even higher. I didn't want to know HOW BAD things had gotten with my weight. I was borderline diabetic, had an infection in my left leg that threatened to cost me a foot and little hope of ever losing weight on another 'diet' in my life. I just didn't think that I had another brutal diet in me. I was prepared to be an old, fat, crippled lady for the rest of my life.

858e2495-208c-45e1-a653-3ba42bd63be0_zps6a914215.jpg

If you told me that I would lose 120+ pounds and go from size 4X to 12/14 within the next 3 years, I would have said that you were "dreaming". Thank God that DREAMS DO COME TRUE. Even my doctors consider the changes in me to be almost miraculous, especially since I did it without any gastric surgery...just plain old calorie counting and a little bit of exercise. I actually lost most of that weight in less than 2 years, but it took a while for me to make a serious commitment to eating less calories.

Believe me, if I could do it...SO CAN YOU.
    omg you have done so well i hope i can lose 120 pounds some day keep up the great work pretty lady
  • estelleruve
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration!!
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome! You should be so proud :) You look fabulous!
  • debbianne52
    debbianne52 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome! What a wonderful inspiration and example you are! I will be 62 in 3 weeks and I am 50 pounds over what I would like to weigh. I have been searching the internet tonight for stories of women over 50 who have lost weight...and there you are!!! Thank you for your story. I know I can do it too. Bless you!:love:
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Great progress and I admit I'm extremely jealous of it. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Amerielle
    Amerielle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a change!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!