Weight Training Advice

Options
So I've lost 70 pounds and I've gotten to the stage were I want to do more focused weight training. I'd love any advice ya'll have. One thing I'm wondering is, on the days you do weight training, how long do you do cardio? Again, any tips and advice are greatly appreciated. I'm super excited.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    it isn't one size fits all. different goals, different eating plans, and different likes and dislikes will play a factor, among other considerations. find a decent full body strength training program and then do whatever amount of cardio you enjoy (within reason).
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    it isn't one size fits all. different goals, different eating plans, and different likes and dislikes will play a factor, among other considerations. find a decent full body strength training program and then do whatever amount of cardio you enjoy (within reason).

Yes, alot of my research said full-body routines are best for beginners. Thank you!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I walk 7 miles a day, 6 days a week and lifting 5 days a week. I walk early in the morning and lift in the evening.
  • yummyboogereaterr
    yummyboogereaterr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The big thing with weight training is don't jump into it like you're the hulk. Start off with lighter weights and wee how you feel before increasing them. Cardio is up to you, for me personally I lift before I do cardio because I don't want muscle fatigue to impact my weight lifting sessions.