Overnight Cinnamon apple oatmeal

Options
kxbrown27
kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
This is one I love for breakfast.

2 apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2-1/2 to 3 cups chopped)
1-1/2 cups fat-free milk (or substitute non-diary alternative like almond milk)
1-1/2 cups water
1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats
2 tablespoons brown sugar (or substitute maple syrup or other desired sweetener)
1-1/2 tablespoons butter, cut into 5-6 pieces (optional)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional garnishes: chopped nuts, raisins, maple syrup, additional milk or butter
Directions
Coat inside of 3-1/2 quart (or larger) slow cooker with cooking spray. Add all ingredients (except optional toppings) to slow cooker. Stir, cover, and cook on low for approx. 7 hours (slow cooker times can vary). Spoon oatmeal into bowls; add optional toppings, if desired. Store leftovers in refrigerator.

To reheat single servings: Put 1-cup cooked oatmeal in microwave proof bowl. Add 1/3 cup fat-free milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Continue cooking for another minute, or until hot.

Nutritional Info (per 3/4 cup serving): 149 calories, 3.6g fat, 27.3g carbs, 3.9g fiber, 4.9g protein; Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 4 pts

Replies

• MINDyourMOXIE
    MINDyourMOXIE Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good and easy...I think I'll be giving that a try. Thanks for the detailed posting!
  • B0rnC0nfus3d
    B0rnC0nfus3d Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Tasty, tasty, tasty. Thank you
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I've made oatmeal like this before. The only thing to be aware of is that it may stick to the sides of the crock. If you use those crock pot liners, that would help. It is yummy and handy to come down in the morning to piping hot oatmeal.
  • Whiskey2206
    Whiskey2206 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    This sounds tasty, gonna give it a try tomorrow. Thank you for the recipe:smile:
  • RunninGran
    Options
    Thank you for the post. I have been looking for a breakfast (preferable oatmeal) option that did not take a great deal of time to prepare in the morning before work. I believe this will really work for me!
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bump so it's in my feed. I want this super badly right now. Mmmmm.