Fat Free in 42! (Kettlebell 6 Week Program)

Options
I've been doing research to find a good exercise program. Dietwise I seem to be doing fine, but exercise is my downfall. Kettlebell workouts claim to give a full body cardio and resistance with only 20 minutes,3x a week. Sign me up!! Starting tomorrow I wll be following the Fat Free in 42 meal plan and getting in at least the 3 workouts a week and mixing in some dancing workouts just to round things out.

I'll be reporting back as I go through the program.

6 Weeks Goals:
Lose 30 lbs. (Hard but possible)
Lose 2 sizes (From 22/24 to 18/20)
Increase stamina, strength, and endurance.

Replies

• Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Oh, its definitely do-able!

We have Kettlebell classes at our gym and they are INTENSE! After swinging that thing around for 20 minutes I was drenched in sweat and feeling good! Not to mention the soreness the day after - but you know you worked something, right?

Keep up the great work!

- jourdan
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I read about it and I believe this will do wonders for you. It's quite an intense workout indeed. My (ex) brother-in-law used to have me on a similar workout routine with kettle-bells and sandbags. You would think that 20 minutes would be nothing, but they were killer! And the moves were simple enough (squats, swings, side bends, rows, etc) - they just worked the muscles really well!

Keep us posted!!!!
  • AlissaLynne
    Options
    I'm SUPER-DUPER late responding to this topic, but I just signed up to myftinesspal this Monday :) I've already began my kettlebell workouts since Tuesday (04/20/11), and I hope it works out :) I also have been walking 3 miles five days a week. I'll be back next Monday to weight-in -- YAY!