Just Starting

Options
Just starting out with My Fitness Pal. Hoping this will be the beginning of a good solid weight loss for me. I've done other diets in the past with minimal success but have found it hard to stick with it.

This time I really need to make this work! I have two young daughters and I owe it to them to be the best version of myself. I also work in nursing and feel like I make my job a lot more difficult by being overweight. Being on my feet all day wouldn't be so rough if I could shed the extra weight.
I am starting at about 310ish and hoping to make it down to the 175ish range. It's been a long time since I've seen that weight but I'm hoping to get back to it.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you need a buddy! :)

Replies

• JeffMeehan
    JeffMeehan Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Good luck and you can do it. It's not easy but it's worth it. It seems nice to be able to get down on the floor and play with the grandkids. I am on my way to the 180s from 333. Lost 70 so far.
  • LiveLifeLove79
    LiveLifeLove79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi There!... I'm just starting today myself!... I'm 180 and want to get to 143 pounds by Nov 8th... That's 37 pounds in 14 weeks which is 2.5 pounds a week.... I was wondering if you wanted to be buddies along the way??.. W x
  • TheAndiMe
    TheAndiMe Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi There!... I'm just starting today myself!... I'm 180 and want to get to 143 pounds by Nov 8th... That's 37 pounds in 14 weeks which is 2.5 pounds a week.... I was wondering if you wanted to be buddies along the way??.. W x

Sent a friend request! :)
  • jennamccanlies1110
    Options
    Hi! Im starting over too. I'm around 240ish right now, my short term goal is 200, but I too am looking forward to seeing 150-170 on the scale again. It's been almost 8 years since I've seen those numbers and 6 since I've seen anything under 200. I have two kids under 3 and know exactly how you feel about wanting to be everything you can for them! Good luck, add me if you need a buddy. :)
  • DenaC3
    DenaC3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place for encouragement and help! Best wishes on your journey!!

Feel free to add me if you'd like :)