WHO IS ALL IN THE MILITARY?

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    I agree with you on that one- My husband is always gone..
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    I agree with you on that one- My husband is always gone..
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    WOW more than I thought.:drinker:

Being active duty military and currently (until my divorce is final we have been married 4 years) a marine wife. I get to see both sides.

I love the military :love: , come from a long line. My grandfather, three great uncles, father, two uncles, and myself all navy and an uncle that was in the army and a cousin and husband currently in the marine corps.
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    Marines, Army and Air Force in the Familia.......God Bless you all and Thank you for all YOU do!
    (much love!:heart: )
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I gotta get in this one!!! I served 4 yrs in the ARMY. My husband is retired ARMY. My daughter is currently serving and her husband as well, both in the ARMY. My son in law is currently deployed to Iraq. My Father in law is a Korean War Vet and my brother in law is a Vietnam War Vet. My oldest brother is currently in the ARMY. So, needless to say, we are a proud ARMY Family!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    God bless our military men and women. You are all heroes.

AMEN! Thank you, thank you for serving!
  • mrsvstol
    mrsvstol Posts: 14 Member
    Marine wife 23+ years
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    I gotta get in this one!!! I served 4 yrs in the ARMY. My husband is retired ARMY. My daughter is currently serving and her husband as well, both in the ARMY. My son in law is currently deployed to Iraq. My Father in law is a Korean War Vet and my brother in law is a Vietnam War Vet. My oldest brother is currently in the ARMY. So, needless to say, we are a proud ARMY Family!!!!!
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: THANK YOU! & YOUR FAMILY!:heart::heart: :heart:

You TOTALLY REPRESENT! Woot-hoooooot!
  • sculley
    I gotta get in this one!!! I served 4 yrs in the ARMY. My husband is retired ARMY. My daughter is currently serving and her husband as well, both in the ARMY. My son in law is currently deployed to Iraq. My Father in law is a Korean War Vet and my brother in law is a Vietnam War Vet. My oldest brother is currently in the ARMY. So, needless to say, we are a proud ARMY Family!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Sounds like your a VERY PROUD ARMY FAMILY!!!

From one military woman to another thank your daughter for her sacrifice as well as her husband's. I know how hard it is being dual military. It's a challenge! But well worth it if both can accomplish it!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Greetings! I love my Military Men & Women! Thank you all for keeping us safe!

Prior to retirement I provided administrative support to the Naval Air Force.

My Son served as an Army Ranger, Special Ops.

My biological father is retired Air Force Mech who served in Korea, Vietman and Dessert Storm...he commandered a helicopter to help some troops that were in trouble...he was the one that raced a motorcycle into town, gambling against the headwire boobytraps so he could bring back beer for the fellas...he ran a motorcycle off a cliff in Japan and a tree caught him and saved him, he got into some trouble that time...they finally forced him into retirement.

My Legal Father was a Military Contractor prior to retirement and my Mom was a General's secretary until she married my Dad.
  • tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    I am married to the military, does that count? Been with my hubby since before he joined up. He's in Iraq for the third time right now. Did 2 12 month deployments, and this one will be 15. And yes, we have been apart more then together, it's getting old!

I love him and i'm proud of him!
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    I am married to the military, does that count?

You definitely have the tougher job! We get deployed and concentrate 100% on our work. You have your normal job, plus all the other things we did to get done. Especially the mom's with families!
  • tlitzner
    Maybe I could have babies if he would ever come home for more then a few months. :(
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    I am sure you will have your chance! ~smiling~

Start with a Border Collie! ~smiling~ They have as much energy and IQ as a 3 year old!
  • tlitzner
    I already have 2 dogs (basett hound and mutt) and a cat. It seems that every time I get baby fever, hubby gets me a dog! Arrrrrgh!
  • cwjett
    cwjett Posts: 189 Member
    my husband is out of the army after 8 years and one deployment to Iraq. Thank goodness!
    Wouldn't have been that bad if he wouldn't have left when i was 8 months pregnant!
    It was ok for me but it was killing him not being here for the first year of our babys life. missing all of those "firsts" things that babies do was hard for him.

Thank you all for what you do!! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    My husband runs an Osprey program at our base...it's cool, but an absolute mess! That thing gets more time with him than me some days. GRRR! :tongue:
  • Aprilxlirpa
    Aprilxlirpa Posts: 46 Member
    I've been in for 8 years, Army National guard. My fiance and I met in the military, and my father's a navy seal.

Damn those PT tests and weight requirements!
  • sculley
    I've been in for 8 years, Army National guard. My fiance and I met in the military, and my father's a navy seal.

Damn those PT tests and weight requirements!

Yeah gotta love the pt test that is for sure!!!
    What team was he with, I currently with in the seal community. You don't have to disclose team info on board you can email me (alittle opsec scared lol)
  • US Navy
    August 2004 - December 2008

Deployments:
    Jan 2006 - July 2006 - Operation Enduring/Iraqi Freedom
    March 2007 - June2007 - Operation Enduring/Iraqi Freedom
    May 2008 - Nov 2008 - Operation Enduring/Iraqi Freedom

Currently enlisting into the Air Force Reserve.
This discussion has been closed.