Wanting to look like your favorite celebrity/model?

Like back in high school I wanted to lose weight and look like the lovely and talented Taylor Swift. I mean I'm only 5'7 and she's a bit taller than me. But now I found I want to look more like Candice Swanepoel, who is exactly the same height as I am. This a good goal for me? Anyone else do something similar? Really just type in Candice Swanepoel and you will see how beautiful this girl is. I just want to be beautiful like her too. And become a model as well.

Replies

• jmlynar
    jmlynar Posts: 65 Member
    I hate Kim Kardashian but want her body
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    If I had to pick a celebrity, than I would probably want P!nk's body.

I'm not aiming to look like her though. As weird as it may be, I just want to be a thinner/fitter me.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    I don't focus on a single celebrity. I like the models in the Athleta catalogs as goal-models though, because the models have a variety of body types and are examples of the fit versions of each.
  • xoxsahara
    xoxsahara Posts: 58 Member
    When I reblog things on tumblr I almost ALWAYS reblog girls with some curves because I have curves too and it makes me happy to see representations of girls I could possibly have a similar body type with! I actually really like Kim Kardashian's body minus the big butt, I think Marina Diamandis (Marina & The Diamonds) is also pretty stellar in that department, Daisy Lowe is a FAVORITEEEEEE of mine too. Obsessed with her look & style!
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Nope. I don't want to look like anyone else. I'm aiming to look like best version of ME.
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    I think it's fine to use a celebrity/model as inspiration to get in shape and look your best. It's not uncommon to hear success stories of people saying that they had a photo of [insert celebrity here] and would look at that photo when they were tempted to eat something they shouldn't, or eat more than they should. I also see posts from some of my friends right after the Victoria's Secret fashion show saying that they are now motivated to get back into shape (it's a good thing the fashion show airs in December so there's plenty of time to get back into shape before summer, and to do it in a healthy way).

When it could potentially become dangerous is when people start wanting to look exactly like that other person, which can lead to a dangerous diet (e.g. VLCD), plastic surgery, etc.

Just be careful, and strive to be the best YOU can be. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Like back in high school I wanted to lose weight and look like the lovely and talented Taylor Swift. I mean I'm only 5'7 and she's a bit taller than me. But now I found I want to look more like Candice Swanepoel, who is exactly the same height as I am. This a good goal for me? Anyone else do something similar? Really just type in Candice Swanepoel and you will see how beautiful this girl is. I just want to be beautiful like her too. And become a model as well.
    No. You should want to look like you. Hollywood bodies are a fantasy.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Robert Downey Jr. is my favorite, but I don't really want to look like him. Not even like this:

nails.png
  • AmberLeannnn
    AmberLeannnn Posts: 28 Member
    Nope. I don't want to look like anyone else. I'm aiming to look like best version of ME.

^^This! :)
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    If I could go back and pick the right parents I'd want to look like Angelina Jolie. But then there'd probably be millions of us walking the face of the Earth, annoyed at not being unique enough.