I have a confession

Options
pmkelly409
pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
Last night I left an anonymous letter on the manager's desk at my gym. It was a nasty-gram itemizing all the things I dislike about the gym and the things I believe would make it a better place for the members. It was long!! :ohwell:

I have no expectations, but I hope that one day in the near future they take one of the items to heart and we see a change.

I feel better that I got it off my chest (the letter and this confession!).

If anything is really bothering you, write a letter, it is very theraputic.

Thanks for listening! :blushing:

Replies

• pmkelly409
    Options
    Last night I left an anonymous letter on the manager's desk at my gym. It was a nasty-gram itemizing all the things I dislike about the gym and the things I believe would make it a better place for the members. It was long!! :ohwell:

I have no expectations, but I hope that one day in the near future they take one of the items to heart and we see a change.

I feel better that I got it off my chest (the letter and this confession!).

If anything is really bothering you, write a letter, it is very theraputic.

Thanks for listening! :blushing:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Bravo!! :wink:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I think that's a good thing as long as it is constructive critisism. If I owned a company I would like to know what my customers think and it would be great to have ideas on how to improve the service to them. :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    So glad you feel better now. :happy:
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    I'm not trying to criticize what you did (I am all for a constructive complaint as well), but if you don't like your gym that much, why don't you just leave? (I'm honestly curious if there's something keeping you at a gym you don't like)

I didn't like my last gym at all and I just took my business else where and I love my new gym and couldn't be happier.
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to criticize what you did (I am all for a constructive complaint as well), but if you don't like your gym that much, why don't you just leave? (I'm honestly curious if there's something keeping you at a gym you don't like)

I didn't like my last gym at all and I just took my business else where and I love my new gym and couldn't be happier.

That's all well and good if you aren't stuck in a contract. They are ruthless with letting you out of those things. I signed up for a 1 yr contract at Stroh's and 6 months later I joined the Air Force. They wouldn't even let me out of my contract for that. I see not letting someone break it just cause they fizzled out on their new years resolution and don't want to go... but I personally think going to basic is a pretty darn good reason to want out of that sorta contract. I had to pay like $200 to just pay the membership in full before I left. Very frustrating.

Don't know if that is what is keeping her there, but I would certianly want them to change all the bad things they are doing, especially if I was stuck there for a certian amount of time.
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I think that's a good thing as long as it is constructive critisism. If I owned a company I would like to know what my customers think and it would be great to have ideas on how to improve the service to them. :flowerforyou:

Just wish that more people did the reverse... LIST the good things too!

And NEVER just complain. Always GIVE a solution!
  • pmkelly409
    Options

The two year contract is what keeps me there!! :grumble:

the back story is that it is a brand new gym and the letter dealt with things we were promised and have never been delivered ie. the pool. So I pay more per month than I would at the other gym in town for the amenities they said they were going to have available - it has been a year since then and still nothing....now I have 6 more months left on a contract and I know when I go to renew they are going up my fees which is baloney!

then one night they had an open house - never saw any info leading up to it, btw...and they had the therapy company that shares their space (free advertising) and Mary Kay and the local icey place(very high in sugar!). So I politely suggested that the next open house they bring in health related vendors and medical professionals - that was constructive right?!

also, the punk that eats McDonald's every night at the front desk is a bit annoying! :explode:
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I hope they listen :smile:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i'm quoting, idk why it's not showing up, but i'm quoting previous post here lol

[/quote]

That's all well and good if you aren't stuck in a contract. They are ruthless with letting you out of those things. I signed up for a 1 yr contract at Stroh's and 6 months later I joined the Air Force. They wouldn't even let me out of my contract for that. I see not letting someone break it just cause they fizzled out on their new years resolution and don't want to go... but I personally think going to basic is a pretty darn good reason to want out of that sorta contract. I had to pay like $200 to just pay the membership in full before I left. Very frustrating.

Don't know if that is what is keeping her there, but I would certianly want them to change all the bad things they are doing, especially if I was stuck there for a certian amount of time.
    [/quote]

my thoughts:

what?!?!?! that's crazy! i can't believe they wouldn't let you out!! so, let me get this right, apartments will let military out of apartment leases but your gym won't let you out!!?! that's crazy i have a friend who left for iraq in march and he was going rounds with his gym before he left too. idk if he ever did get it resolved. thanks for the freakin service, huh? lol:drinker:
  • uwhuskygirl
    Options

I'm not sure if you can do this with your gym, but at my gym if you move to an area that doesn't have a gym 25 miles from where you reside then they'll either freeze your acct till you come back to an area where there is a gym or they'll cancel completely.

Can you see if they'll freeze your account while you're gone?
  • uwhuskygirl
    Options

The two year contract is what keeps me there!! :grumble:

the back story is that it is a brand new gym and the letter dealt with things we were promised and have never been delivered ie. the pool. So I pay more per month than I would at the other gym in town for the amenities they said they were going to have available - it has been a year since then and still nothing....now I have 6 more months left on a contract and I know when I go to renew they are going up my fees which is baloney!

then one night they had an open house - never saw any info leading up to it, btw...and they had the therapy company that shares their space (free advertising) and Mary Kay and the local icey place(very high in sugar!). So I politely suggested that the next open house they bring in health related vendors and medical professionals - that was constructive right?!

also, the punk that eats McDonald's every night at the front desk is a bit annoying! :explode:

You should get a reduction in your rate at the very least. That's really not fair that they're charging you for things that you don't get. If I could I would go talk to your gym for you. This is not right at all. They aren't holding up their end of the contract.