Need some new food ideas...please

Options
Lachele3
Lachele3 Posts: 16
i'm a very picky eater...i dont like much of ne thing that is healthy...
i love chips and chocolate..i recently stopped eating fast food so that helped...
but its hard to think of things that are healthy that dont make me feel like a starving model...

Here are some things i love if u have new ideas..
*i love ground beef in ne thing..
*100 cal pack of cinnamon teddy grahams
*chives
*apples and peanut butter
*i love chopped up chicken in salads
* tomatoes and ranch
*tacos
* pizza
*hamburger helper
*mac and cheese
*corn on the cob
*grapes

are there ne ideas that pertain to my fav foods that i may can switch up a bit..
thanks..

Replies

• Lachele3
    Options
    i'm a very picky eater...i dont like much of ne thing that is healthy...
    i love chips and chocolate..i recently stopped eating fast food so that helped...
    but its hard to think of things that are healthy that dont make me feel like a starving model...

Here are some things i love if u have new ideas..
    *i love ground beef in ne thing..
    *100 cal pack of cinnamon teddy grahams
    *chives
    *apples and peanut butter
    *i love chopped up chicken in salads
    * tomatoes and ranch
    *tacos
    * pizza
    *hamburger helper
    *mac and cheese
    *corn on the cob
    *grapes

are there ne ideas that pertain to my fav foods that i may can switch up a bit..
    thanks..
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I love hamburger helper too! A better, healthier way to make it is with Jennio Ground Turkey. It taste the same and it's actually cheaper than ground beef.

Do you like graham crackers? I love to put peanut butter on those, just make sure you don't put a lot on. I barely use a tsp.

Make your own mac and cheese. You can get healthier option when you make it yourself, instead of out of the box.

Load your pizza with veggies.

Try the Jennio Products. They are good. I love ground beef, but this is a healthier option and it taste great!:smile:
  • twingle08
    twingle08 Posts: 40
    Options
    I notice that there aren't many fruits or vegetables on that list! You may want to consider trying to start sneaking them into your diet and acquiring a taste for them! Are you able to chop up vegetables really finely and add them to your favorite dishes?( i do that for mushrooms even tho' I have no clue why they are needed in anything!!)

I have a recipe book for my kids called Deceptively Delicious. It is fabulous and the recipes are pretty good - for example there is one recipe for mac and cheese that sneaks in pureed squash. Trust me you don't know it is there and it is very good!

I also rely a lot on the recipe books Crazy Plate, Looneyspoons and Eat, shrink and be Merry - they take a lot of favorites and cut the fat/calorie content of them making them better for you. Included are recipes for ground meat, macaroni and cheese, pizza etc.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    There are healthy alternatives for these meals, you just need to Google them. You can have healthy tacos (Boca meat, laughing cow cheese, whole wheat tortilla) or healthy hamburger helper (boca or lean turkey meat, whole wheat pasta, laughing cow cheese, onion, parsley, etc.)

You need to Google recipes; you'll find that eating healthy does not equate to feeling like a starving model. Here's a good website to start you off:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/
  • Lachele3
    Options
    thanks i'll have to try that...!!
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Sorry
  • sbacon1203
    Options
    Sorry again!
  • sbacon1203
    Options
    Sorry, again & again
  • sbacon1203
    Options
    Ditto
  • sbacon1203
    Options
    I kept hitting the tab key & didn't realize it kept repeating :embarassed:

Here is my home made pizza.

Pizza

100 cal Thomas English Muffin - Muffin - 100 Calories
    15 cal Hunt's - Tomatoe Sauce garlic powder & onion flakes (2 Tbls each half muffin)
    5 cal Fresh sliced mushrooms
    40 cal Sargento - Mozzarella - Reduced Fat & 2% Milk (1 Tbl each muffin)

160 cal Total

Place under the broiler till golden brown, yum :wink:

A Donato's Individual thin crust with pepperoni is 650 calories!!!!!

Hope you like, it if you try it :drinker: