HRM chest straps

Options
I want to get myself a HRM monitor today and found a few that I like the look of.
As most seem to have chest straps with them I'm wondering if that would be comfortable when working out or not, I don't want to have something on me thats just going to be annoying me the whole time.

This is the one I plan to get if anyones bought this specific one: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0704801/Trail/searchtext>HEART+RATE+MONITORS.htm

Replies

• grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have a polar RS100 and about the only time I notice the chest stap is when I first put it on. Once I get into my workout, I don't even know its there. That may be largely due to the amount of effort I am putting into the workout, but there you go.
  • doggiemomma
    Options
    I don't know anything about this brand. I have a Polar that has the chest strap. It fits right where my bra fits on my chest so I really don't notice any thing. I hope that helps.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM and I don't even notice wearing the chest strap at all. Very comfortable.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Chest strap falls in line with your bra strap so you should barely notice it.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I have a timex. I don't feel the strap. Its very comfortable. The watch bugs me more then the chest strap.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i have a Polar FT4 and the chest strap doesn't bug me at all (unless it's time to readjust it...)
    and like the last poster mentioned... the watch bugs me more than anything.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Polar actually makes a sports bra that will integrate with the chest strap. Might be worth checking into it if you're serious.
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    i have a sigma hrm, the chest strap is really neat and flat its very comfortable. I sometimes forget to take it off after doing a work out dvd at home. i'll finish working out and go straight into doing some hoovering, maybe unpack and repack the dishwasher and put the dinner on, then go for a shower before sitting down to eat dinner and only realize when undressing for the shower that i still had the chest strap on! good luck with your purchase a hrm really is a good investment - its really made me push harder and go for longer with my work outs!