need new workout suggestions

Options
i have a tredmill but i hate being on it bc i have too short of an attention span even when i play a movie or music.
i've been jumping rope, lite crunches, jumping jacks, stretching and leg scissor kicks,
i'm bored w those too...
i have bad knees and a bad back....
ne body have ne suggestions on things i can do but still keep my attention span on it..?

Replies

• Lachele3
    Lachele3 Posts: 16
    Options
    i have a tredmill but i hate being on it bc i have too short of an attention span even when i play a movie or music.
    i've been jumping rope, lite crunches, jumping jacks, stretching and leg scissor kicks,
    i'm bored w those too...
    i have bad knees and a bad back....
    ne body have ne suggestions on things i can do but still keep my attention span on it..?
  • twingle08
    twingle08 Posts: 40
    Options
    If you have an ipod I strongly suggest downloading the treadmill workouts that are on the website under Nike Workouts. They are amazing and are 30 minutes in duration - I burn 250-300 calories in the 30 minutes and don't get bored!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I used to love playing racquetball. Great exercise & lots of fun. :smile:
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried workout videos? I have a large collection that I rotate through in addition to the treadmill, walking outside and biking, as I get bored as well. Also, check out spark people they have lot of good fitness tips and ideas as well as several short workout videos. I do a couple at a time and can get in a great workout or just a quick 10 min boost.
    sparkpeople.com
    Healhty LIfestyle > Fitness > then scroll down to Workout Videos
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/videos.asp
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I exercise to my new sweatin to the oldies dvd's:blushing: I know it's cheesy but I like the songs, it's easy for people that are out of shape and have problems with their backs and knees. It is independent to what kind of weather it is and no one can see me:tongue: I can make it through the 2nd dvd without sitting down :laugh: I guess I have to start somewhere.
    It was my mothersday present and I got it off of amazon.com for a pretty low price (my mothersday present from my husband that I picked out myself)
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Go to Shape.com for lots and lots of workout ideas. there is even a create your own workout feature...
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    I don't know how rollerblading would effect your knees and back, but I love doing that! and you can go outside and it's a lot easier to keep going, because you have more interesting things around you... Hope it helps!:flowerforyou:
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    When I get bored with my exercise i use a tae bo video or a dancing video it definitely busts the boardem, the tae bo video burns 300-400 cals in 30 min.
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam! :bigsmile: It doesn't matter how bad your knees or back are, you just have to be careful. Listen to what she says and follow the modified ways of doing things and you'll be fine! They are awesome workouts and she's crazy so she keeps my attention! :laugh: My sister has the same bad knee problems but she does the videos to her level and she can't make it through ten minutes. (:blushing: Oops, did I say that?!)
  • Lachele3
    Lachele3 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions i appreciate it...
  • beautifulbay
    beautifulbay Posts: 159
    Options
    light pilates! Pilates is great for stengthening backs and helping them get better ...depends on your problem though....you should ask your doctor before you start anything new.
  • Vixxiii
    Vixxiii Posts: 8
    Options
    Have you tried group exercise
    you have the motivation of an instructor and you get a huge buzz from otger people doing the class aswell
    i LOVE body combat and body attack... high impact and the calories come rolling off :)
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I am a fan of circuit tarning do say 10 minutes on the tready and jump off run and do machines for ten then go to the bike for 10 any way you wanna do it and your time will fly by and BURN ALOT of cals
  • turtle
    turtle Posts: 49
    Options
    I get really bored with workout machines too so I typically do workout videos and classes at the gym to keep me more motivated . Also you might want to look into yoga or pilates which are both really challenging and easy on your joints